|Jade McCarthy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1980|
Jade McCarthy is an American sportscaster, best known for her career as a TV anchor for SportsCenter on ESPN between September 2012 and April 2017. Before she joined ESPN, Jade worked for WGGB-TV, WAFF, and WCAU, where her work was awarded multiple Sports Emmy Awards. Between 2010 and August 2011, she worked on NESN programs SportsDesk and NESN Daily. In September 2018, a year after she was laid off from ESPN, she joined NBC Sports Boston as a host of the Opening Drive pregame show for New England Patriots.
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
Connecticut, United States
Jade attended Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts, United States, where she earned her degree in political science in 2002.
- Siblings – Sheila McCarthy (Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jade McCarthy has dated –
- Gordon Stead (2008-Present) – In 2008, she married Gordon Stead, whose occupation she kept away from the limelight. A little more than 3 and a half years later, in October 2011, the couple welcomed their 1st son named Mac Aron and another son named Finn in August 2015. Around 2 years later, in July 2017, Jade and Gordon welcomed their 3rd kid, a daughter named Gigi Brinley Jade, whom their mutual friends often called Jade Jr. due to an obvious resemblance to her.
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dirty Blonde’ in the past.
Jade McCarthy has endorsed brands such as Peloton.
Jade McCarthy Favorite Things
- Bible Verse – Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.”
- Dancer – Vai Sikahema
- Music Genre – Country
- Song – Song For Another Time by Old Dominion
Source – Twitter, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram Bio
Jade McCarthy Facts
- She was born in Newton, Massachusetts, but grew up near Boston, Massachusetts.
- During her early years, she rode horses competitively and continued doing so for around 10 years.
- Her great aunt instilled her own love for baseball into Jade.
- She is a self-professed “lover of great stories” and loves reading. Her son Mac also took on her passion and borrowed his 1st book from the library in November 2017. It was titled Growing Up Pedro and was pwenned by Matt Tavares.
- Jade was let go from ESPN in April 2017 alongside Jaymee Sire and around 100 other employees due to the company’s restructuring efforts.
- Jade initially freaked out in 2017, since she was already about 7 months pregnant and without a job all of a sudden. The 1st thing she did after being laid off was that she called her husband, who calmed her down. 4 days later, the whole family visited the Valley Community Baptist Church, where she regained hope. The whole event only made her faith in Jesus Christ stronger.
- Her husband is a big fan of Philadelphia Eagles. She and her husband moved to Philadelphia in late 2011 after the birth of their 1st child because he got a job offer there.
- Jade really respects the NFL player named C.J. Anderson for his “relentless can-do attitude” and has stated that he is exactly the type of person she tells her kids about.
- Jade stated that the US Open 2019 tennis championship was “spectacular”, an example of mental toughness and congratulated Rafael Nadal on his win.
- She is a big fan of watching golf on TV. Her children also play this sport as a hobby.
- Jade commended Tom Brady‘s positive outlook on life and his approach to dealing with social media in the late 2010s. She also added that she found “lots of truth as a parent” in his message shared on The Greg Hill Show in September 2019.
- She and her husband have a habit of starting every summer by taking a road trip that involves hiking and mountaineering.
Featured Image by Jade McCarthy / Instagram