Rafael Nadal Parera
Rafa, The King of Clay, Rafi, Spain’s Raging Bull, El Nino
Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain
Manacor, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain
Rafa has a doctoral degree “Doctor Honoris Causa” from the European University of Madrid. He received that in 2015.
Professional Tennis Player
Left-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Sebastian Nadal (Businessman and owner of an insurance, glass and window company, Vidres Mallorca and a restaurant named Sa Punta)
- Mother – Ana Maria Parera (Housewife)
- Siblings – Maria Isabel (Younger Sister)
- Others – Miguel Angel Nadal (Uncle) (Former professional footballer who played for FC Barcelona, RCD Mallorca and the Spanish national team), Toni Nadal (Uncle) (Former professional tennis player) (Tennis Coach)
Nadal is signed with Fundacion Rafa Nadal.
6 ft 0¼ in or 183.5 cm
85 kg or 188 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rafael Nadal dated –
- Maria Francisca Perello (2005-Present) – On December 7, 2005, Nadal began dating the Spanish girl Maria Francisca Perello. After dating for 5 years, the couple got engaged on April 21, 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wavy hair
- Often says “Vamos” after he wins a point
- Muscular body
Rafael Nadal’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
10 (US) or 43 (EU)
Nadal has signed sponsorship contracts with Kia Motors (Since 2006) (In May 2015, Rafa continued the deal for another five years), Nike, Richard Mille, PokerStars, Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans, Lanvin, etc.
Best Known For
Being one of the best players in the history of tennis. The popular Rafa has been regarded as one of the most prominent clay-court players in the history.
Rafa has not acted in a feature movie yet. He has been seen in several TV movies though.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches itself, Nadal has appeared in the TV series documentary No Strings in 2004 as himself.
First Professional Tennis Match
Rafa won his first ATP match in April 2002 against Ramon Delgado. At the time, he was only 15 years old and was ranked as No. 762 on the official ATP list.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Rafael won his first grand slam singles titles in –
- Australian Open – 2009
- French Open – 2005
- Wimbledon – 2008
- US Open – 2010
You can check Nadal’s recent title wins on ATP World Tour.
Rafael Nadal has been coached by his uncle Toni Nadal since the start of his tennis career.
There are numerous workout videos of Nadal which can be seen on the following links –
Rafael Nadal Favorite Things
- Soccer Team – Real Madrid, FC Barcelona
- Surface – Clay
- Japanese Anime – Dragon Ball
Rafael Nadal Facts
- Nadal was first introduced to tennis by his uncle Toni Nadal at the age of three.
- Besides Real Madrid, Nadal is an avid supporter of RCD Mallorca.
- When he was 8 years old, Rafa won a regional U-12 tennis tournament.
- As a kid, he was also a promising football player.
- Nadal won the U-12 Spanish and European tennis tournament.
- When Rafa was 14, the Spanish Federation proposed to Nadal’s family to shift to Barcelona so he can train better. But, Rafa’s parents did not accept the request because of his school duties.
- He turned professional tennis player at 15.
- Rafael achieved a victory over the legendary Swiss tennis player Roger Federer in their first official match-up. At the time, Nadal was only 17 years old.
- He won his first Grand Slam title at French Open at the age of 19.
- His biggest rivals during his career had been Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, and Andy Murray.
- In 2010, Nadal became the ambassador of a company that produces biscuits, bakery, and chocolate coated products named, Quely.
- In December 2013, Rafa competed against the retired Brazilian football player, Ronaldo and four other players in a charity poker tournament which he managed to win.
- He supports the Spanish national football team. Rafa was one of the six people who were given access to the Spanish football team locker room after they won the finals of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Rafa opened a foundation called Fundacion Rafa Nadal in February 2008.
- In June 2009, it was reported that his parents parted ways.
- On July 8, 2010, Nadal joined the team of shareholders of RCD Mallorca in order to help the team get out of the debt. He was offered the role of vice president which he did not accept.
- In February 2010, Nadal appeared in Shakira’s music video of “Gypsy”.
- He loves playing golf and poker. In April 2014, Rafa faced the number 1 female poker player Vanessa Selbst in a poker match in Monaco.
- In August 2011, John Carlin published Nadal’s autobiography called Rafa.
- Visit his official website @ rafaelnadal.com.
- Follow Nadal on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.