|Kim Jae-hwan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 27, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Jae-hwan is a South Korean singer-songwriter who became a semifinalist on Korea’s Got Talent 2 in 2012 and then went on to finish 4th in the 2nd season of Produce 101 in 2017. He was also a former member and main vocalist of the South Korean boy group, Wanna One, formed by CJ E&M. Wanna One debuted on August 7, 2017, and released extended plays, album, and songs like 0+1=1 (I Promise You), 1¹¹=1 (Power of Destiny), 1×1=1 (To Be One), 1÷x=1 (Undivided), Energetic, Light, and Beautiful. After the group disbanded, Kim Jae-hwan started working as a solo artist and debuted with his first extended play, Another, on May 20, 2019.
Seoul, South Korea
Kim Jae-hwan attended Howon University located in Gunsan, South Korea.
- Siblings – He is an only child.
Kim Jae-hwan has been signed with Swing Entertainment.
Vocals, Guitar, Flute, Piano
YMC Entertainment, Swing Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Jae-hwan is of South Korean descent.
- A unique sense of humor
- Distinct laugh
Kim Jae-hwan Facts
- His Wanna One bandmates included Kang Daniel, Park Ji-hoon, Lee Dae-hwi, Ong Seong-wu, Park Woo-jin, Lai Kuan-lin, Yoon Ji-sung, Hwang Min-hyun, Bae Jin-young, and Ha Sung-woon.
- With Wanna One, Kim Jae-hwan released the band’s debut studio album, 1¹¹=1 (Power of Destiny), on November 19, 2018, via Swing Entertainment and Stone Music Entertainment. It included songs like One Love, Pine Tree, Deeper, Spring Breeze, Hide and Seek, and 12th Star. Also, the album peaked the South Korean Albums (Gaon) weekly chart and was ranked at number #3 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart and at number #12 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart.
- As a Wanna One member, he made his final appearance in the band’s final concerts, titled Therefore, held across 4 days, ending on January 27, 2019, at the Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul, where the group held their debut showcase.
- On December 12, 2019, Kim Jae-hwan released his 2nd solo extended play, Moment, which included songs like The Time I Need, Who Am I, After Party, and NUNA.
- He likes football.
- Kim Jae-hwan has also won several accolades including the 2019 Genie Music Award for “Next Generation Star”, 2020 Soribada Best K-Music Award for “New K-Wave Voice”, 2020 Golden Disc Award for “Next Generation Artist”, and 2021 APAN Music Award for “APAN Choice: Best Vocalist”.
- In March 2023, he released his new single album titled Spring Breeze.
Featured Image by B E R R Y _ J I S U N G / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0