|Ong Seong-wu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ong Seong-wu is a South Korean singer, musician, actor, dancer, and television personality who is a former member of the boy band Wanna One. The band was formed by CJ E&M through the 2nd season of the reality television talent competition show Produce 101 and its discography includes extended plays and tracks such as Energetic, Light, I Promise You (I.P.U.), Beautiful, Burn It Up, Beautiful Part.3, Spring Breeze, Boomerang, 1×1=1 (To Be One), 0+1=1 (I Promise You), and 1÷x=1 (Undivided). Additionally, Ong Seong-wu has also been a part of a variety of shows and movies including At Eighteen, 20th Century Girl, Strong Woman Gang Nam-soon, Produce 101, Seong-wu Is Alright, Life Is Beautiful, Seoul Vibe, Show! Music Core, More Than Friends, Would You Like a Cup of Coffee?, Living Together in Empty Room, Traveler, Master Key, and Law of the Jungle Sabah.
Incheon, South Korea
Ong Seong-wu studied at Guwol Middle School. After that, he enrolled at Hanlim Multi Art School in Seoul and graduated in 2014.
He also graduated as a dance and acting major from Dong Seoul University.
Singer, Musician, Actor, Dancer, Television Personality
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Ong Seong-wu has been signed with Fantagio.
K-pop, Synth, Soft Rock, R&B
Fantagio, YMC Entertainment, Swing Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ong Seong-wu is of Korean descent.
He has done endorsement work for brands such as Beanpole Sports.
Ong Seong-wu Facts
- In 2017, he appeared as a contestant on Produce 101. He finished in 5th place and subsequently became a member of the show’s derivative boy group Wanna One.
- His fellow Wanna One groupmates included Yoon Ji-sung, Ha Sung-woon, Hwang Min-hyun, Kim Jae-hwan, Kang Daniel, Park Ji-hoon, Park Woo-jin, Bae Jin-young, Lee Dae-hwi, and Lai Kuan-lin.
- Wanna One released its debut and only studio album 1¹¹=1 (Power of Destiny) on November 19, 2018, via Swing Entertainment and Stone Music Entertainment. The album peaked at #1 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at #3 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart, and at #12 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart.
- In 2019, Ong Seong-wu started playing the role of Choi Jun-woo in the coming-of-age television series At Eighteen and this won him many accolades including the Asia Artist Award and Korea Drama Award.
- As a solo artist, he released his debut extended play titled Layers on March 25, 2020, and its tracklist included Guess Who, Gravity, After Dark, We Belong, Café, and Bye Bye.
- He received the Popular Star Award at the Asia Model Awards in 2020.
- Ong Seong-wu co-starred as Jeong-woo in the 2022 musical road film Life Is Beautiful. This performance won him the New Wave Award at the 2022 Grand Bell Awards and he was also nominated for a Blue Dragon Film Award in the “Best New Actor” category.
- He brought to life the character of Joon-ki (a member of the investigative team who is also a handyman) in the 2022 action film Seoul Vibe. His co-stars for the project were Yoo Ah-in, Go Kyung-pyo, Lee Kyu-hyung, Park Ju-hyun, Kim Sung-kyun, Moon So-ri, and Jung Woong-in.
- It was announced by Fantagio that Ong Seong-wu would enlist for his mandatory military service as an active-duty soldier on April 17, 2023.
- He claimed to be the best driver of all the Wanna One members.
- He has credited EXO’s Kai as his role model.
- He can unfold his folded ears without touching them.
- Ong Seong-wu has done many part-time jobs like working at a cafe and as a model.
- He is a great dancer and specializes in popping and freestyle.
- On April 17, 2023, Ong Seong-wu enlisted in the military.
Featured Image by Marie Claire Korea / YouTube / CC BY 3.0