|Lee Kyu-hyung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Kyu-hyung is a South Korean actor and theatre artist who has been cast in movies like Castaway on the Moon, The Face Reader, No Tears for the Dead, The Wicked, My Dictator, Large and Small City, Cat Girl, You Call It Passion, Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River, Innocent Witness, Diva, Juror 8, Romang, A Year-End Medley, Stellar, and Handsome Guys. His other on-screen projects include his appearances in shows like Stranger, All of Us Are Dead, Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, Unkind Ladies, Voice, Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth, The Witch’s Diner, Prison Playbook, Life, Doctor John, Tale of the Nine Tailed, Hospital Playlist, Racket Boys, Happiness, Shall We Have A Cup of Coffee?, and Hi Bye, Mama!.
Seoul, South Korea
Lee Kyu-hyung studied at Joongdong High School located in Seoul and there he was a part of the theatre club. Afterward, he was accepted to Kyung Hee University‘s film and theatre department but dropped out before finishing his course and got enrolled at Dongguk University, from where he graduated with a major in Theater Studies.
Notably, he decided to transfer from Kyung Hee University to Dongguk University because the latter was the alma mater of Choi Min-sik, an actor he admired.
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Lee Kyu-hyung has been signed with Ace Factory.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Lee Kyu-hyung is of Korean descent.
Lee Kyu-hyung Facts
- He was inspired to pursue a career in acting after watching the 1999 action film Shiri.
- Between 2017 and 2020, Lee Kyu-hyung appeared as Yoon Se-won in the crime thriller drama television series Stranger and this role got him nominated for a Baeksang Arts Award in the “Best New Actor – Television” category in 2018.
- Alongside Ji Sung, Lee Se-young, and Hwang Hee, Lee Kyu-hyung co-starred as Son Seok-ki, a prosecutor who is against the practice of euthanasia, in the 2019 medical drama television series Doctor John. This performance won him the “Excellence Award, Actor” at the Korea Drama Awards while he was also nominated for an SBS Drama Award in the “Excellence Award in Miniseries (Actor)” category.
- He played Hee-joong in the 2019 drama film Innocent Witness.
- As a theatre artist, Lee Kyu-hyung has been cast in several plays such as Heartbeat, The March of Youth, Laundry, Singles, Oh! While You Were Sleeping, Gloomy Day, Triangle, My Bucket List, The Goddess is Watching, Death’s Hymn, Fan Letter, Secretly and with Greatness, Cyrano, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.
- In 2022, he brought to life the character of Song Jae-ik, a detective at Hyosan Police Station, in the Netflix coming-of-age zombie apocalypse horror series All of Us Are Dead. Lee Kyu-hyung co-starred in the show alongside Park Ji-hu, Kim Byung-chul, Cho Yi-hyun, Lomon, Yoo In-soo, Lee Yoo-mi, Yoon Chan-young, and Jeon Bae-soo.
Featured Image by cosmonaut / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0