|Kim Byung-chul Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Byung-chul is a South Korean actor who is known for his roles in shows like All of Us Are Dead, Descendants of the Sun, Sisyphus: The Myth, Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, Pegasus Market, Doctor Prisoner, Sky Castle, Mr. Sunshine, The Emperor: Owner of the Mask, Tunnel, The Missing, Coma, Shopping King Louie, Modern Farmer, Dramaworld, Cheo Yong, and The Scarlet Letter. In addition to that, he has also been cast in a variety of films which include Private Eye, The Guard Post, The Discloser, Once Upon a Time in a Battlefield, Twilight Gangsters, Precious Love, R-Point, Bunt, Punch Lady, The Backstreet Noir, Hwang Jin Yi, Return, Dreams Come True, Quick, Wonderful Nightmare, Miss Conspirator, Musudan, and Stand by Me.
Kim Byung-chul studied at Chung-Ang University, a private research university located in Seoul, South Korea.
Kim Byung-chul has been signed with Alien Company.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kim Byung-chul has dated –
- Yoon Se-ah (2019) – Kim Byung-chul allegedly had an affair with actor Yoon Se-ah in the year 2019. They worked together in Sky Castle.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Byung-chul is of Korean descent.
Kim Byung-chul Facts
- In 2003, he was cast as a Silla spy in the war comedy film Once Upon a Time in a Battlefield. The film revolves around the Battle of Hwangsanbeol between Baekje and Silla in the 7th century.
- Kim Byung-chul played Jin-man in the 2015 romantic comedy film Wonderful Nightmare.
- In 2016, he appeared as Lieutenant Colonel (later promoted to Colonel) Park Byung-soo in the romantic action drama television series Descendants of the Sun.
- He was cast in the supporting role of Park Joong-heon, a cunning and manipulative eunuch from the Goryeo Dynasty, in the fantasy romantic comedy-drama television series Guardian: The Lonely and Great God from 2016 to 2017. This role won him the “Popular Character Award” at the 10th Korea Drama Awards.
- Kim Byung-chul brought to life the character of Cha Min-hyuk, a law school lecturer and former prosecutor who is strict with his children and holds very high expectations of them, in the satirical dark comedy-drama television series Sky Castle from 2018 to 2019. For this performance, he bagged the 55th Baeksang Arts Award in the “Best Supporting Actor” category.
- He co-starred as Seon Min-sik, a medical director who works at the prison, in the 2019 medical drama television series Doctor Prisoner and this role won him the KBS Drama Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- Alongside Park Ji-hu, Yoon Chan-young, Cho Yi-hyun, Lomon, Yoo In-soo, Lee Yoo-mi, Lee Kyu-hyung, and Jeon Bae-soo, Kim Byung-chul co-starred as Lee Byeong-chan, a life science teacher and creator of the virus who serves as the series’ overarching antagonist, in the Netflix coming-of-age zombie apocalypse horror series All of Us Are Dead in 2022.
Featured Image by PARKJAEHWAN4wiki / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0