|Junho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 25, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Junho is a South Korean singer, songwriter, dancer, composer, and actor known for being a member of the South Korean boy band 2PM. He is also known for playing the role of Detective Daramjwi in the South Korean action thriller Cold Eyes, Yul in South Korean martial arts/romance period drama film Memories of the Sword, and portraying the character of Dong-woo in South Korean coming-of-age film Twenty. Junho also has a strong social media fan base with over 2 million followers on Instagram and Twitter.
Junho, Nuneo, The Emperor
Ilsan-gu, Goyang, South Korea
Junho did his graduation from Howon University located in Gunsan, South Korea. He later attended Sejong University and got his master’s degree in cinematography.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Composer, Actor
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Junho is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-Pop, Electronic, R&B, Hip-Hop
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has described his idol type to be someone he can talk to easily and communicate well with.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean Ancestry.
He tends to dye his hair ‘red’ or ‘light brown’.
- Broad Nose
- Messy Hairdo
Junho has done advertisement work for brands like –
- Body Shop
- Market O
- Paris-Croissant Food Company
Best Known For
- Being a member of the South Korean boy band 2PM
- Playing the role of Detective Daramjwi in the South Korean action thriller Cold Eyes, playing Yul in South Korean martial arts/romance period drama film Memories of the Sword, and portraying the character of Dong-woo in South Korean coming-of-age film Twenty
Junho released his first studio album 01:59PM along with the band 2PM on November 10, 2009. The album peaked at #1 on the ‘Gaon Music Chart’ and sold more than 110k units in Korea.
He made his theatrical film debut in the South Korean horror film White: Melody of Death as Music Fever Host in 2011.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on MNET’s reality show Hot Blood in 2008.
Junho works out on a regular basis. In February 2012, he posted a picture of his well-sculpted back as proof that he had been working out regularly.
As per an interview in 2010, he revealed that he used to do muscle building routines frequently but due to his backbone injuries he started running instead. Junho said that he liked sprinting and doing push ups.
- In 2006, he was selected to participate in a competition show Superstar Survival which started with 12 competitors who were eliminated one by one until the final 3 remained.
- After winning Superstar Survival and beating the 6500 other competitors, Junho was the first to sign the contract with JYP Entertainment.
- He further participated in Mnet’s reality show Hot Blood Men that followed the training of 13 JYP trainees who were in line to become a member of the boy band called One Day that later divided into two boy bands namely 2AM and 2PM.
- He made his official debut with 2PM on September 4, 2008.
- Apart from his activities with 2PM, he has also released his solo work as a musician and debuted as a solo artist in Japan with the album titled Kimi No Koe which peaked at no 1 spot on ‘Tower Records Charts’ and at no 3 on ‘Oricon’s Daily Chart’.
- He made his official debut as a solo artist in Korea in September 2015 with his album titled One.
- He has also composed several tracks including Give It To Me, Sad Love, and Kimi Ga Ireba.
- As of February 2019, Junho has almost 100 songs credited to his name at ‘The Korea Music Copyright Association’ and he has been placed 7th of top 10 idols with copyrighted songs.
- In 2012, World Vision hosted a 24 hours Famine Program where Junho was appointed as the honorary ambassador.
- He is an animal lover and also an animal rights activist.
- Junho has 2 pet cats named Johnny and Wollie.
- Apart from Korean, he also speaks Japanese and a bit of English.
- Follow Junho on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Dispatch / YouTube / CC BY 3.0