|Denis Stoff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1992|
Denis Stoff is a Ukrainian singer, musician, songwriter, and social media star. He is best known as the singer and guitarist in the Ukrainian metalcore band, Make Me Famous, between 2010 and 2012. In September 2017, he became the lead vocalist of the band Drag Me Out. They released their debut single, I’m Sorry, on January 15, 2019.
Denis Alexandrovich Shaforostov (Ukrainian: Денис Александрович Шафоростов)
Khartsyz, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine
Denis dropped out of school to pursue a career in music.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Social Media Star
- Father – Oleksandr Shaforostov
- Mother – Nataliia Shaforostova
- Siblings – Oksana Arzumanyan (Ukrainian: Оксана Арзуманян). He also has another sister.
- Others – He has a nephew.
Hard Rock, Metalcore, Electronicore, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Denis Stoff has dated –
- Dasha Umka (2013-2016)
- Nastia Portna (2016) – Rumor
- LesyaLesya (2017) – Rumor
- Sveta Potomski (2017-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
He has also dyed his hair ‘Dark Brown’ in the past.
- Tall height
- Tattooed body
- Pointy, sharp jawline
Denis Stoff Favorite Things
- Singer – Keith Flint
- Rappers – XXXTentacion, Lil Peep
- Food – Buffalo Wings With Blue Cheese And Beer
- Beer Brand – Leffe
- Soccer Club – Ajax
- TV Show – Narcos (2015-2017)
- Movie Genre – Documentaries
- MMA Fighter – Conor McGregor
- Personal Quotes – “People will fuck you up and then act like it’s your fault. Just don’t stress.”, “I was born to be real, not to be perfect.”, “You need to know your life is always a path. Never a certain place.”
Denis Stoff Facts
- He was born on Star Wars Day.
- His parents bought him a guitar and encouraged him to take guitar lessons at a young age. They also supported his decision to leave school.
- He credited his dad as the primary motivation to pursue music as a career.
- He experimented with electronic music through a project titled Cat!Cow!MilkyWay! between 2009 and 2010.
- He started posting song covers on his YouTube channel, titled above92, in June 2008. This proved valuable when he co-formed the band Make Me Famous in 2010 as it helped them reach an audience immediately. He quit the band in late 2012 after just one studio album, It’s Now Or Never (2012).
- On January 22, 2015, frontman and lead singer, Danny Worsnop, departed the British rock band, Asking Alexandria, and was replaced by Denis. Denis left the band in December 2016 and later revealed he had to stop touring to take care of his family at the time. Denis was also accused of lip-syncing band’s older songs by Danny and his team of lawyers.
- Being part of Asking Alexandria to him “felt like he graduated Harvard.” However, it did not impact his songwriting or music taste.
- Shortly after Denis released his debut studio album with Drag Me Out, titled Pressure, on February 1, 2019, people noticed some similarities with Asking Alexandria. One of their songs, Hollow, had to be taken down by Denis’s record label as it resembled Asking Alexandria‘s Alone in a Room (2018) in some parts.
- His voice type is tenor. He can also make guttural sounds, also known as “growling” or “unclean vocals”.
- He has a dog named Cosmo and used to have a cat named Puma Sturgis.
- Denis prefers hot sauce-flavored ketchup over mild one.
- Going ice skating is one of the most enjoyable activities in his life.
- Upon turning 28 on May 4, 2020, Denis was relieved he didn’t join “The 27 Club”. It is a list of well-known people who died at age 27 such as Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Fat Pat, Anton Yelchin, Fredo Santana, and others.
- His guilty pleasure is listening to the band Above & Beyond, and their trance songs from 2007 in particular.
- Denis has experimented with lucid dreaming and stated it changed his life forever.
Featured Image by Denis Stoff / Instagram