|Casper Ruud Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1998|
Casper Ruud is a Norwegian professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport. He had broken into the ‘Top 15’ of the official ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) singles rankings in June 2021 and had reached the 4th round of the singles event at the 2021 Australian Open. He had broken into the ‘Top 150’ of the doubles rankings in July 2021 and had reached the quarter-final of the doubles event at the 2021 Wimbledon Championship.
Oslo, Østlandet, Norway
Oslo, Østlandet, Norway
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Christian Ruud (Tennis Coach, Former Professional Tennis Player)
- Mother – Lele Ruud
- Siblings – Caroline Ruud (Sister), Charlotte Ruud (Sister)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Casper has dated –
- Maria Galligani (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Norwegian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
Casper has been sponsored by –
- Yonex Co.
- The Arctic Group
- Proaktiv Properties AS
- Porsche Norge
Casper Ruud Favorite Things
- Tennis Shot – Forehand
- Tennis Surface – Clay
- Ice Hockey Team – Tampa Bay Lightning
- Tennis Tournament – ATP Masters 1000 Monte Carlo
- Sports – Tennis, Golf, Ice Hockey
- Tennis Role Model/Idol – Rafael Nadal
- Cuisine – Thai, Japanese, Italian
Source – ATP Tour
Casper Ruud Facts
- He had started playing tennis from the age of 4, inspired by his father Christian, who has continued to be a member of his coaching team, as of July 2021.
- He had started the calendar year of 2016 as the number 1 ranked junior player in the world, the first Norwegian player to have achieved the feat.
- At the 2017 Rio Open, he had become the youngest player to reach the semi-final of an ATP 500 tournament since Borna Ćorić at the 2014 Swiss Indoors.
- When he had qualified for the main draw of the 2018 Australian Open, he had become the first Norwegian player in 17 years to qualify for the main draw of a Grand Slam tournament.
- After reaching the semi-final of the 2019 Brasil Open, he had broken into the ‘Top 100’ of the official ATP singles rankings for the first time in his career. He had become the first Norwegian player to do so after his father had achieved the feat in December 1994.
- In April 2019, when he had reached the final of the U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championships, he had become just the 2nd Norwegian player to reach the final of an ATP Tour event, after his father Christian Ruud.
- When he had won the final of the Argentina Open in February 2020, he had become the first Norwegian player to win a title on the ATP Tour. Besides this tournament, as of July 2021, he had won 2 other titles (the 2021 Geneva Open and the 2021 Swedish Open) on the ATP Tour and been the losing finalist in 2 other tournaments (the 2019 U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championships and the 2020 Chile Open). Incidentally, all 5 of these tournaments were played on clay courts, his favorite tennis surface.
- He is an avid golfer and runs a separate Instagram page to show off his golfing skills.
- World #8 Casper played his maiden Grand Slam final in June 2022 in the Roland Garros 2022 final (aka French Open). He got defeated by his idol Rafael Nadal by 6-3, 6-3, 6-0. This was Nadal’s 14th French Open title.
- In January 2023, Casper was knocked out of Australian Open 2023 after he got defeated by Jenson Brooksby in the 2nd round by 6-3, 7-5, 6-7 (4/7), 6-2.
Featured Image by Casper Ruud / Instagram