|Gregory Peck Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1916|
|Date of Death||June 12, 2003|
Gregory Peck was a veteran American actor whose performances in films like To Kill a Mockingbird (1962), Roman Holiday (1953), The Keys of the Kingdom (1944), Spellbound (1945), etc. earned him immense popularity.
Eldred Gregory Peck
Greg, Father Peck
Gregory was born on April 5, 1916.
He passed away on June 12, 2003, in his sleep from bronchopneumonia at the age of 87 in Los Angeles.
La Jolla, San Diego, California, United States
- Father – Gregory Peck Sr.
- Mother – Bernice Ayres
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gregory had dated –
- Greta Kukkonen (1941-1955) – Peck was married to Greta Kukkonen from October 1942 to December 1955. They had 3 sons together – Jonathan Peck (b. July 20, 1944), Stephen Peck (b. August 16, 1946), and Carey Paul Peck (b. June 17, 1949).
- Ingrid Bergman (1944-1945)
- Barbara Payton (1951)
- Véronique Passani (1954-2003) – He married Véronique Passani on December 31, 1955. Together, the couple welcomed son Anthony Peck (b. October 24, 1956) and daughter Cecilia Peck (b. May 1, 1958). Their marriage lasted until Gregory’s death in 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
He had Irish, German, English, Welsh, and Scottish ancestry.
However, his hair had turned gray with his advancing age.
- Charismatic personality
Gregory Peck Favorite Things
- Co-Stars – Ava Gardner, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn
- Drink – Guinness
- Film – To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
- Singers – Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson
- Director – Henry King
- Film Role – Lt. Col. Steve Van Dyke in Night People (1954)
Gregory Peck Facts
- In 1999, the American Film Institute included him in the list of the ‘Greatest Male Stars of Classic Hollywood Cinema’ at #12.
- Harrison Ford considered Gregory as one of his favorite actors.
- He was so impressed by newcomer Audrey Hepburn’s performance in Roman Holiday (1953) that he unprecedentedly insisted on his co-star getting an equal star billing.
- In 1975, his oldest son Jonathan committed suicide at the age of 31.
- Peck was an ardent admirer of President Abraham Lincoln and portrayed the politician in the miniseries, The Blue and the Gray (1982).
- He donated $25,000 in 1996 to the Berkeley rowing crew in honor of his coach Ky Ebright.
Featured Image by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer / Wikimedia / Public Domain
His height was 190.5 cm.
His hair color turned white as he got older.
Gregory Peck was 190.5 cm
He was 191 cm at the most. 188 cm at the least. Somewhere in the middle making him at least 189-190 cm
Sources differ. As he got to be older it was said he gained a bit of weight. And it was also said that he lost some weight. 100 kg was probably at his most when he got very old. And as I stated previously he most likely lost weight at 91 kg.
His eye color was actually light brown.
He was an American actor, activist and producer