|Miranda Cosgrove Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1993|
Miranda Cosgrove is an American actor, singer, songwriter, voice actor, and producer who started her career at the age of 7 by appearing in several television commercials. She is known for playing Carly Shay in the Nickelodeon teen sitcom iCarly, Shea Moore in the NBC sitcom Crowded, Megan Parker in the Nickelodeon sitcom Drake & Josh, Lisa Brown in the science fiction film 3022, Summer Hathaway in the comedy film School of Rock, Margo (voice) in the animated film series Despicable Me, Rose Halshford in the horror film The Intruders, Rachel in the comedy sports drama film North Hollywood, Hannah Mills in the Western action drama film The Wild Stallion, and Megan Parker in the television film Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh. She has also branched out as a musician and has released several tracks, albums, and extended plays such as Sparks Fly, Leave It All to Me (ft. Drake Bell), High Maintenance, Dancing Crazy, About You Now, and Kissin U. Moreover, Miranda has received numerous accolades for her work, including 2 Young Artist Awards and a Kids’ Choice Award.
Miranda Taylor Cosgrove
Cosmos, Mir, Randy
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
At a very early age, she started getting involved in TV commercials, acting. So, she was homeschooled from sixth grade. As of fall 2012, she was attending the University of Southern California and wanted to major in writing or theaters.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Voice Artist, Producer
- Father – Tom Cosgrove (Dry cleaning business)
- Mother – Chris (née Casey) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – She is an only child.
- Others – William Frank Casey (Maternal Grandfather), Lois Ann Core (Maternal Grandmother)
Miranda has been signed with these agencies –
- Anonymous Content
- Advanced Alternative Media, Inc.
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Dance-pop, teen pop, pop-rock
Her net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Miranda Cosgrove has dated –
- James Maslow (2008-2009) – James met Miranda on the set of Nickelodeon’s iCarly and they reportedly dated together for more than a year from 2008 to 2009.
- Nat Wolff (2009-2011) – She met Nat on the set of “Mystery Girl” and started dating from May 2009 until January 2011.
- Max Ehrich (2012) – Actor and singer, Max Ehrich once went on a date with Miranda. But, nothing came out of the relationship.
- Brian – She has also been linked with a man named Brian.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
She is of English, French, Irish, Mexican, and German descent.
32-24-34 in or 81-61-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has appeared in TV commercials for McDonald’s, and Mello Yello.
She has served as the spokesperson for the Light the Night Walk organization which works to create blood cancer awareness.
Best Known For
Working in Nickelodeon’s TV series Zoey 101, Just Jordan, Unfabulous, iCarly, The Naked Brothers Band.
Sparks Fly is the debut album by Miranda Cosgrove, released in 2010 by Columbia Records. She released a standard and deluxe edition. Deluxe was for India, and Italy and was released under Epic records.
The deluxe edition further had an iTunes Deluxe Edition and had the largest length of 43:36.
2003 American musical comedy film, School of Rock for her role as Summer Hathaway.
First TV Show
American superhero, dramatic television series, Smallville for her role as Young Lana Lang. She had her performance in the very first episode from the first season in 2001.
Cosgrove does exercise her way to tandem bike with her friends and maintains her diet by going to different restaurants with her mother around the set.
Miranda Cosgrove Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Horror Movies – Psycho, The Sixth Sense, and Poltergeist
- Wardrobe Item – Dr. Martens boots pair
- Book – The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- Charity – Education Through Music
Miranda Cosgrove Facts
- She started appearing in TV commercials at the age of 3.
- Cosgrove was discovered at the age of 3 when she was singing and dancing at the Los Angeles restaurant Taste of L.A.
- She had a poodle dog named, Pearl, who died at the age of 14 due to kidney failure. Pearl was very close to Miranda as she had no siblings.
- She lives in a 3-bedroom, 2900 square feet house, which she had purchased for $2.65 million.
- Miranda is an active supporter of “St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital”.
- Her favorite school subject was English.
- She likes Sushi, fruits, and brownies. She considers eating brownies as her weak point, as the craft service lady near Miranda’s house makes very yummy brownies and Miranda cannot stop herself from eating one, whenever that lady makes one.
- She likes to Journal.
- In 2011, Miranda broke her ankle after she was involved in a bus accident when she was on tour with her band. Miranda later revealed that the crash also left her with a mysterious hole in her leg.
- She loves the actor Rachel McAdams.
- She has given her voice to the character of Margo in the film series “Despicable Me”.
- In 2019, she started hosting the CBS television show Mission Unstoppable with Miranda Cosgrove and it received 2 Daytime Emmy Awards nominations in 2020.
- Miranda was included in the Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list of 2022.
- One of the first concerts she attended was that of Backstreet Boys.
- If she is allowed to eat only one dish for the rest of her life, she would go with spicy tuna on crispy rice.
- At 15, she did bungee jumping in Fresno only to impress a boy she liked at that time.
- She was starstruck when she met Raven-Symoné at the age of 10.
- Miranda’s mom and friend Josh Peck call her by the name, Randy.
- If she wasn’t an actress, she would have definitely been a veterinarian as she likes animals a lot. In early 2022, she was having 3 cats and 3 dogs.
- She claims to be an introverted person.
- During the COVID-19 lockdown, she passed her time by gardening with her mother.
- Porsche Cayenne was her first car.
- She learned to drive after turning 19.
- Miranda had partnered with HP Girls Save The World program in order to motivate girls so that they study climate change and sustainability.