|Emmy Raver-Lampman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Emmy Raver-Lampman is an American actress and singer who is widely recognized for her acting in the iconic rap musical play Hamilton (2015, 2017) and her portrayal of Allison Hargreeves in the Netflix superhero series The Umbrella Academy. She is trained in performing arts, has a degree in theatrical studies, and had started her career as an artist in musical theatre. She has performed in numerous Broadway and national touring theatre productions and has played recurring/guest roles in TV series like Jane The Virgin (2019).
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Emmy attained education in performing arts and completed her high schooling from Governor’s School for the Arts as well as the Matthew Fontaine Maury High School in Norfolk, Virginia.
She then attended Marymount Manhattan College in New York, graduating with a BA degree in Theater, in 2012.
- Father – Greg Raver-Lampman (Writer, Teacher)
- Mother – Sharon Raver-Lampman (Professor)
She is represented by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management, New York, United States
- Hirsch Wallerstein Entertainment Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States
Jazz, Stage and Screen, Pop
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
She is of African-American and Mexican descent.
- ‘Star’ tattoo on her left foot and left wrist
- Tattoo of a musical note behind her right ear
- Has a mole near her nose
- Wears a nose ring
- Side-cropped hair with tight curls on the top and left side of her head
- Affable smile
- Petite frame
Emmy Raver-Lampman Favorite Things
- Movie Franchise – MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- Comic Book Superhero – Deadpool
- City – Toronto
- Politician – Barack Obama
- Film Director – Ryan Coogler
- Music Band – Spice Girls
Source – BlackFilm.com, BriefTake.com, Magazine.broadwaysf.com
Emmy Raver-Lampman Facts
- She was a loud kid with temper tantrums and would scream out songs loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. To channel her creative energies properly, her mother got her enrolled at the conservatory-style Governor’s School for the Arts.
- Her mother is a professor of communication disorders and special education at Old Dominion University in Norfolk and her specialization meant that the family traveled extensively when Emmy was young. She has visited more than 50 countries and has lived in places like the Czech Republic, Ukraine, and India.
- While in Norfolk, Emmy worked with a theatre company named The Hurrah Players as a teenager. She has also performed acts with the Virginia Opera Company and has studied ballet dancing.
- Emmy auditioned for the musical play Children of Eden while she was in the 2nd year of college and was immediately selected for a leading role. The selection got her noticed and she landed a role in a touring production of the tribal musical titled Hair. She toured for 16 months and attended her classes remotely. Her acting roles in these 2 plays helped her receive the Equity card, which is proof of the membership in the Actors’ Equity Association of the United States.
- Emmy has been part of popular Broadway theatre productions like Jekyll & Hyde and A Night with Janis Joplin.
- In 2014, she was selected as an understudy and standby for the role of Elphaba in the national touring production of the Broadway musical Wicked.
- In 2015, she signed on to become a member of the original ensemble cast of the smash-hit rap musical Hamilton. She eventually resigned from the cast to accept the starring role of Pearl Krabs in the SpongeBob SquarePants Nickelodeon musical in Chicago. However, in 2017, she reunited with the cast of Hamilton and portrayed Angelica Schuyler in the first national tour of the play.
Featured Image by Emmy Raver-Lampman / Instagram