Zachary David Alexander Efron
San Luis Obispo, California, USA
Zac completed her schooling from Arroyo Grande High School in 2006. He, then, went to the University of Southern California for some time. But, then decided to pursue an acting career. Zac also attended Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts, Santa Maria, California to get acting training.
Actor and Singer
- Father – David Efron (Electrical Engineer at a power station)
- Mother – Starla Baskett (Secretary at the same power plant)
- Siblings – Dylan Efron (Younger Brother)
- Others – Harold Efron (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Rhe Karcher (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Harold Baskett (Maternal Grandfather), June Helene Glidden (Maternal Grandmother)
Viewpoint, Inc. (Publicist)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zac Efron dated –
- Vanessa Hudgens (2005-2010) – Vanessa and Zac performed in the High School Musical series. Their relationship went from ON-screen to OFF-screen as well, which started in September 2005. They dated for over 5 years until December 2010. They had a safe bonding without any drama or cheating scandal.
- Nikki Blonsky (2007) – Zac was rumored to be dating his Hairspray co-star Nikki Blonsky in 2007. The couple even shared a kiss during a talk show.
- Lily Collins (Feb 2012 – June 2012; October 2013-December 2013) – American actress, Lily Collins dated Zac Efron for a short period of time until June 2012. Despite his best efforts to dodge from media, he was believed to be together with Lily. The relationship soon saw an end in mid-2012. But, again in October 2013, the duo were seen holding hands, when going for a movie. They finally separated at the end of 2013.
- Maika Monroe (2012) – While working in the 2012 movie At Any Price, actors Zac and Maika Monroe developed a warm relationship which went off screen as well in 2012.
- Halston Sage (2014) – Nearing April-May 2014, the actors were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Michelle Rodriguez (2014) – From June 2014 to August 2014, the actors Zac and Michelle Rodriguez dated each other.
- Sami Miro (2014-2016) – In September 2014, Zac started dating Sami Carter-Oberstone (better known as Sami Miro). It was confirmed by US Magazine. She is not an actress but a professional model, who was working at Demand Media Studios when they started dating in September 2014. The couple separated in April 2016.
- Alexandra Daddario (2017) – From May to August 2017, actors Alexandra Daddario and Zac were rumored to be dating with each other after they appeared on the 2017 action comedy film Baywatch.
Race / Ethnicity
- His brown hair and blue eyes
Zac has signed an endorsement deal with Philippine clothing brand, Penshoppe in 2012.
Best Known For
His films done in 2006, 2007 and 2008 year after year. This movie was “High School Musical” series. He portrayed the role of Troy Bolton and achieved a number of awards for this movie.
Zac Efron has contributed in soundtracks in his own films. He has not released any album, though. Efron’s contribution is in the 2007 film “Hairspray”, and 2006-2008 film series “High School Musical”. Zac was also nominated for the High School Musical 3 for “Teen Choice Award for Choice Music: Album – Soundtrack” award.
2003 film Melinda’s World for his role as Stuart Wasser. This movie is Zac’s first one, which is based on a novel written by Marianne Kennedy.
First TV Show
2002 Space Western TV series Firefly. He played the role of Young Simon Tam in only 1 episode titled “Safe”. This show consisted of just 1 season with 14 episodes.
He has also done other TV shows as well. But, it is just 1 or 2 episodes (guest appearance).
Zac Efron uses the services of the personal trainer Ramona Braganza. She has made a 321 method for her clients, according to which they can effectively workout while on a different location during filming. This method focuses on the core, circuit training and cardio workouts. So, they can even follow her schedule even if there is no gym nearby.
Zac does weight training, which includes the exercises like – Squats (for legs), Bench Press (for chest), Pull ups and chin ups (for back and the arms), cable rows and bent over rows to develop the back muscles, bicep curls, tricep curls and crunches (for abs).
For circuit training, he does squats, dips, push ups, weighted lunges, crunches to work on the back, shoulder, back, triceps and chest muscles.
Zac Efron Favorite Things
- Food – Orange Chicken, Sushi, Wheat Thins, Exotic Foods
- TV Programs – Rocko’s Modern Life (1993-1996), Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (2003-), American Idol (2002-), The Wiggles (2001-)
- Band – The Wallflowers
- Movie – The Goonies (1985)
- People – Liza Minnelli (Fashion Idol), Kobe Bryant, Jessica Alba, Johnny Depp
- Songs – Anything But Country
- Books – Busting Vegas (by Ben Mezrich), Robinson Crusoe (by Daniel Defoe)
- Place – San Francisco, California
- Color – Blue
Zac Efron Facts
- Zac had/has many pets – Australian Shepherd (Dog – Dreamer), Australian Shepherd (Dog – Puppy from 2007-2008), Siamese cat (Cat – Simon)
- His father, David Efron is an Electrical Engineer.
- Zac’s father encouraged him to start a career in acting when he was 11 years old.
- Efron told that he was a class clown.
- He is a great fan of the Baseball team, San Francisco Giants.
- He had his appendix removed on January 15, 2008.
- In Hebrew, his surname “Efron” means lark (bird). His last name is Ashkenazi Jewish.
- He is a fan of comic books – Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, Manga.
- He appeared on no. 92 in Forbes Celebrity 100 List in 2008, with estimated earnings of $5.8 million.
- He considers Johnny Depp as his acting idol.
- He can juggle.
- You may want to connect with Zac on his official Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr.