|Tia Carrere Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1967|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tia Carrere is an American actress, singer, and former model who came to limelight after she was cast in the recurring role of Jade Soong on the daytime TV show General Hospital (1985-1986). She has appeared in several other programs on the small screen including Relic Hunter (1999-2002) where she portrayed the part of Sydney Fox and has starred in numerous films such as Showdown in Manila (2016). She has also participated in a number of competitions like Dancing with the Stars in its 2nd season and has released several studio albums including Ikena (2008) for which she received the Grammy Award in 2009.
Althea Rae Duhinio Janairo
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She went to Sacred Hearts Academy.
Actress, Voice actress, Singer, Model
- Father – Alexander Janairo (Banker)
- Mother – Audrey Lee Janairo (Computer supervisor)
- Siblings – She has 2 sisters including one named Saundra Janairo and has 2 half-sisters, all of whom are younger to her.
- Others – Rae (Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- Innovative Artists
- The Characters Talent Agency Ltd.
Daniel Ho Creations
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Elie Samaha (1992-2000) – She tied the knot with film producer Elie Samaha in 1992. They got divorced in February 2000.
- Tie Domi (2002) – In 2002, she was linked with former professional ice hockey player Tie Domi for a short while.
- Simon Wakelin (2002-2010) – She married photojournalist Simon Wakelin on November 30, 2002. They have a daughter together named Bianca Wakelin (b. September 25, 2005). On April 2, 2010, she filed for divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and Asian)
She has Chinese, Filipino, and Spanish ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Prominent cheekbones
- Shapely lips
- Sharp nose
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as M&M’s.
Tia Carrere Favorite Things
- Advocate Of – Traveling, as she has realized after years of her globetrotting that it leads to more empathy for the world
- Travel Destination – Hawaii
- Restaurants – Alan Wong’s on Oahu island for fine cuisine, and Liliha Bakery for counter bakery
- Has Always Traveled With – Her own big hair bonnet for the shower
Source – Traveler.Marriott.com
Tia Carrere Facts
- Her little sister trying to utter her name “Althea” used to say “Tia”.
- Her surname is pronounced as “KUH-rare-uh”.
- Carrere’s grandmother had taken her to her 1st singing lesson when she was 11 years old and her passion had always been singing.
- While she was at school, she was discovered in a Waikiki grocery store and she was subsequently cast in the film Aloha Summer (1988).
- She had auditioned for Wayne’s World by singing the song Moon River in a Chinese accent.
- While playing the role of Cassandra Wong in the comedy film Wayne’s World (1992), Carrere performed all her songs as the singer and featured on the soundtrack too.
- She was listed as one of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People magazine in 1992.
- She is fluent in Hawaiian Pidgin.
Featured Image by Frederick Manligas Nacino / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0