|Elie Samaha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1955|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Elie Samaha is a Lebanese film producer in Los Angeles who rose to fame after becoming the executive producer of the action thriller film The Immortals (1995). He went on to produce numerous other works mainly comprising movies like The Boondock Saints (1999) and Spartan (2004) along with some video games.
Elie Kheir Samaha
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Siblings – He has a brother and a sister.
He is represented by William Morris Agency.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Diane Shammas (1980-1988) – He married Diane Shammas in 1980. They broke up in 1988.
- Tia Carrere (1992-2000) – He tied the knot with actress, singer, and model Tia Carrere in 1992. They got divorced in February 2000.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Lebanese descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Oval shaped face
- Sharp nose
- Defined jawline
Elie Samaha Favorite Things
- Gets Thrilled By – Turnarounds, buying scripts stuck for a long time and using them successfully
Source – NY Times
Elie Samaha Facts
- He was brought up by his mother after his father died when he was 4 years old and he had quickly learned to be independent.
- He joined the Lebanese Christian army in Israel at the age of 14. Later, he resided in London and Paris, where he managed a girlfriend as a model and actress.
- Samaha had moved to New York City in the late 1970s with about $60 in his pocket and he had hustled, trying import, export as well as head of security jobs at clubs.
- In Los Angeles in the 1980s, he along with his brother got involved in the dry cleaning business after observing that a few cleaners had two-hour service or stayed open all night. The Samahas launched the dry cleaner chain called Celebrity Cleaners at one location in 1982 and in only 4 years the company had outlets in 24 sites around the city, providing service, particularly to studios and stars.
- He has been the co-owner of the nightclub named Roxbury in Los Angeles.
- Utilizing the Hollywood friendships he formed through his clubs, he had managed to lock up a distribution deal with Warner Bros. Pictures in 1999.
- Samaha has co-owned restaurants including Benvenuto on Santa Monica Boulevard.
- On average, he has slept for 4 hours a night.