|Hansal Mehta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29|
Hansal Mehta is an Indian film director, writer, actor, and producer who has worked in Hindi cinema. His career in the entertainment industry started with the Hindi-language cookery show Khana Khazana and since then, he has worked on a number of projects including Scam 1992, CityLights, Shahid, Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar!!, The Accidental Prime Minister, Omerta, Amrita, Jayate, Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?, Woodstock Villa, Dus Kahaniyaan, Dooriyan, Bose: Dead/Alive, Chhalaang, The Last Letter, Simran, Raakh, and Aligarh.
He was born on April 29, 1967/1968.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Growing up, Hansal Mehta learned classical music as well as studied computer engineering.
Director, Writer, Actor, Producer
- Father – Deepak Subodh Mehta
- Mother – Kishori Mehta
- Siblings – Parad D Mehta (Brother), Sheetal Mehta Vyas (Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hansal Mehta has dated –
- Sunita Mehta – He was in his 20s when he married Sunita Mehta and they parent 2 sons – Jay Mehta (a director) and Pallava Mehta. The couple divorced eventually.
- Safeena Husain – Hansal then got married to social worker Safeena Husain and they have 2 daughters – Kimaya and Rehana.
Race / Ethnicity
Hansal Mehta is of Gujarati descent.
Salt and Pepper
Hansal Mehta Facts
- Before embarking on his career in films, he used to work in Fiji.
- He was born into a middle-class family.
- Mehta directed the 2013 Hindi-language biographical drama film Shahid, starring Rajkummar Rao. It is based on the life of lawyer and human rights activist Shahid Azmi who was assassinated in 2010. The film won Hansal Mehta the National Film Award for “Best Direction”.
- He also directed the 2020 Hindi-language financial thriller series Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story, based on the 1992 Indian stock market scam committed by many stockbrokers including Harshad Mehta.
- Hansal Mehta is a foodie.
Featured Image by Hansal Mehta / Instagram