|Disha Vakani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1978|
Disha Vakani is an Indian actress who rose to popularity with her portrayal of the character named Daya Jethalal Gada in SAB TV’s long-running family comedy sitcom, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. Moreover, she has also been cast in several other on-screen projects including Resham Dankh, Instant Khichdi, Aahat, Jodhaa Akbar, Love Story 2050, Phool Aur Aag, Kamsin: The Untouched, Mangal Pandey: The Rising, and Devdas.
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Disha Vakani attended Gujarat College in Ahmedabad and graduated in Dramatics.
- Father – Bhim Vakani
- Sibling – Mayur Vakani (Brother) (Actor)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Disha Vakani has dated –
- Mayur Padia (2015-Present) – On November 24, 2015, she got married to chartered accountant Mayur Padia and they were blessed with a daughter named Stuti Padia on November 27, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Disha Vakani is of Gujarati descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Pierced ears
Disha Vakani Facts
- In 1997, she was cast in the lead role in the Hindi B grade drama film, Kamsin: The Untouched.
- She played the role of Sakhi in the 2002 romantic drama film, Devdas, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and Madhuri Dixit.
- Disha Vakani started co-starring alongside Dilip Joshi, Munmun Dutta, Shailesh Lodha, Amit Bhatt, and Neha Mehta in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah in the year 2008.
- Her real brother has also played her reel-life brother named Sundarlal in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. Also, her portrayal of Daya won her several accolades including the 9th Indian Telly Award for “Best Actor in a Comic Role – Female (Popular)”, 2009 Indian Television Academy Award for “Best Actress – Comedy”, and 3rd Zee Gold Award for “Best Comic Actor (Popular)”.
- In 2008, Disha Vakani appeared as Madhavi in the historical romance film, Jodhaa Akbar, starring Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, and Ila Arun.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0