|Dilip Joshi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1968|
Dilip Joshi is an Indian actor who is best recognized for his portrayal of a Gujarati Jain businessman from Bhachau, Gujarat named Jethalal Champaklal Gada in the Hindi language family comedy-drama television sitcom, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. Apart from his television roles, he has also been cast in several movies including Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, What’s Your Raashee?, Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge, Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!, and Khiladi 420.
Porbandar, Gujarat, India
Dilip Joshi attended Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Also, during his graduation years, he twice received the INT (Indian National Theater) Best Actor award.
- Siblings – He has 3 older siblings.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dilip Joshi has dated –
- Jaymala Joshi (1987-Present) – The duo got married in 1987 and parents 2 children – a daughter named Niyati and a son named Ritviq.
Race / Ethnicity
Dilip Joshi is of Gujarati Brahmin descent.
- Short stature
- Deep-set eyes
Dilip Joshi Facts
- He was cast as Sapney, Choti’s aide, in the 2000 Hindi comedy thriller film, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, Johnny Lever, and Paresh Rawal.
- In 2008, he started co-starring in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah alongside Disha Vakani, Amit Bhatt, Shailesh Lodha, Neha Mehta, Munmun Dutta, and others. For this role, Dilip Joshi also won the Indian Television Academy Award for “Best Actor-Comedy” in 2012 and 2014, Indian Telly Award for “Best Actor in a Comic Role (Male)” in 2009 and “Most Popular Actor in a Comic Role (Male)” in 2010 and 2012, and the 2011 Star Guild Award for “Best Actor in a Drama Series”.
- He has accrued more than 800k followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0