|Marina Squerciati Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1984|
Marina Squerciati is an American actress who became widely recognized after appearing in several television shows such as Gossip Girl (2011–2012) and Special Skills (2017) and in movies like Frances Ha (2012) and Central Park (2017). She is the recipient of a number of awards and honors including the prestigious Agnes Moorehead Award for her performance as Judy Holliday in the off-Broadway drama Just in Time.
Marina Teresa Squerciati
New York City, New York, United States
West Loop, Chicago, Illinois, United States
She attended Dalton School through her senior year and then went to Northwestern University, graduating with a BA in Theater in 2003.
- Father – John R. Jakobson (Financier)
- Mother – Marie Therese Squerciati (Television Writer)
- Others – Raymond J. Squier (Uncle), Nicholas Jakobson (Half-Brother), Maggie Wheeler (Older Half-Sister) (Actress). She also has many more half-siblings due to her father’s other marriages.
She is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates L.A.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Patrick Flueger (2014)
- Eli Kay-Oliphant (2016-Present) – She tied the knot with the attorney Eli Kay-Oliphant in 2016. They have a daughter (b. May 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Hungarian and German along with Polish or Russian descent on her father’s side and she has Italian and Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Defined jawline
- Fuller lips
Marina Squerciati Favorite Things
- Travel Destination – Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) for being an amazing untouched place
- Fitness Routine – Going to the gym regularly to balance out her massive sweet addiction and she has enjoyed training hard by putting all her body into it and by lifting heavyweights
Source – Better
Marina Squerciati Facts
- She was raised in New York and later on, she relocated to Chicago.
- In September 2019, court documents claimed that Marina was the daughter of the late Manhattan financier John R. Jakobson and that while the mogul had promised that she would be named in his will, there was no provision made for her. Supporting documents have indicated that Jakobson paid for Squerciati’s nanny, as well as her tuition fees for her education.
- Marina has stated that the price of her keeping quiet about her furtive father for most of her life was “extraordinary” with her losing the chance to bond with Jakobson and being denied to ever get to know her half-siblings.
- She has played the same character of Officer Kim Burgess in different TV shows including Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2011 and 2015) and Chicago Justice (2017).
- She has more than 600k followers on Instagram, as of May 2020.
Featured Image by Marina Squerciati / Instagram