|Lloyd Bridges Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1913|
|Date of Death||March 10, 1998|
Lloyd Bridges was an American actor whose notable film credits include High Noon (1952), Airplane! (1980), Hot Shots! (1991), Here Comes Mr. Jordan (1941), The Goddess (1958), Rocketship X-M (1950), The Talk of the Town (1942), Sahara (1943), Jane Austen’s Mafia! (1998), etc. Furthermore, among his television appearances were shows like Sea Hunt (1958-1961), The Lloyd Bridges Show (1962-1963), The Alcoa Hour (1956), The Loner (1965-1966), etc.
Lloyd Vernet Bridges Jr.
He was born on January 15, 1913.
He passed away from natural causes in Los Angeles, California on March 10, 1998, at the age of 85 years.
San Leandro, California, United States
He attended and graduated from Petaluma High School in 1930. He went on to study at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and graduated with a political science degree in 1936. Furthermore, he was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity in college.
- Father – Lloyd Vernet Bridges
- Mother – Harriet Evelyn Brown
- Others – Isabelle Bridges (Granddaughter) (Jeff’s Daughter), Jessica Lily Bridges (Granddaughter) (Jeff’s Daughter), Haley Roselouise Bridges (Granddaughter) (Jeff’s Daughter), Casey Bridges (Grandson) (Beau’s Son), Jordan Bridges (Grandson) (Beau’s Son), Dylan Bridges (Grandson) (Beau’s Son), Emily Bridges (Granddaughter) (Beau’s Daughter), Ezekiel Jeffrey Bridges (Grandson) (Beau’s Son)
At the time of his death, Lloyd Bridges’ net worth was $15 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lloyd Bridges had dated –
- Dorothy Simpson (1938-1998) – The Wild Pair (1987) actor married Dorothy Simpson, an actress and poet, on October 15, 1938. The couple was blessed with 2 sons named Beau Bridges (b. December 9, 1941) and Jeff Bridges (b. December 4, 1949) as well as a daughter named Lucinda Louise Bridges (b. October 1953). The couple’s third son Garrett Myles Bridges (b. June 14, 1948) died of sudden infant death syndrome on August 3, 1948. The two were happily married for over 60 years until Lloyd’s death in 1998.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of English and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
However, his hair had turned ‘Gray’ by the time of his death.
- Gravelly, raspy voice
- Handsome looks
Lloyd Bridges Facts
- He was one of the contenders for the role of Captain James T. Kirk on Star Trek: The Original Series (1966). The role eventually went to and made a star out of, William Shatner.
- Lloyd was quite chubby as an infant and, in 1914, he won a fat-baby contest that was judged by William Howard Taft, who was the 27th American President from 1909 until 1913.
- In 1995, he appeared in the series episode of The Sandkings along with his son Beau and grandson Dylan as they played 3 generations of the Kress family.
- Lloyd had starred in the films Here Comes Mr. Jordan (1941), The Talk of the Town (1942), and High Noon (1952); all of which received ‘Best Picture’ nominations at the Academy Awards.
- A Walk in the Sun (1945), High Noon (1952), and Airplane! (1980) are 3 of his films that were selected by the Library of Congress for the National Film Registry due to their significance ‘culturally, historically or aesthetically’.
- Bridges had served in the United States Coast Guard during the Second World War. Furthermore, his sons Beau and Jeff also joined the coast guard like their father.
Featured Image by Tom Korman Assoc. / Wikimedia / Public Domain