Mayte Michelle Rodríguez
Michelle Rodriguez, Mayte, MRod, The Tough Girl, Mr, ToughM
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Rodriguez attended various schools, but was always the result was same – expulsion. She was expelled from 5 different schools but somehow managed to earn her GED. She also enrolled herself into a business school. But quit it soon to pursue a career in acting. She had the ultimate goal of becoming a writer and director.
- Father – Rafael Rodriguez (worked in the United States Army)
- Mother – Carmen Milady
- Siblings – Raul (Older Brother), Omar (Older Brother). These are twin brothers.
This is not at all complete list of her siblings. She has 10 siblings and half-siblings.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54.5 kg or 120 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rodriguez has dated –
- Michelle also broke up her engagement with a Muslim boyfriend in early 2000 due to the opposite religious beliefs.
- Vin Diesel (2001) – They both acted together for the first time in The Fast and the Furious in 2001. She had performed the love interest of Vin Diesel in the film. So, from on-screen, the relationship came to off-screen. But, it did not last long.
- Colin Farrell (2002-2003) – S.W.A.T. co-star, Colin dated for some months with Rodriguez.
- Olivier Martinez (2003) – She was RUMORED to be dating her another S.W.A.T. co-star Olivier, as both were seen kissing each other and again met on the P. Diddy’s yacht in France. At that time, Olivier was dating singer Kylie Minogue.
- Jesse Jane (2003-2005) – RUMOR
- Lenny Kravitz (2005) – RUMOR
- Kristanna Loken (2006-2007) – Michelle got close with actress and model Kristanna Loken while working in the film BloodRayne (2006) with her.
- Cara Delevingne (2014) – The British model, Cara Delevingne was seen sharing a kiss with American actress and The Fast and the Furious fame Michelle Rodriguez during a basketball game on January 7, 2014. They were RUMORed to be dating each other until June 2014. They, however, met for the first time in October 2013.
- Zac Efron (2014) – The actors Zac Efron and Michelle dated for two months from June 2014 to August 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
On a TV show “Finding Your Roots” on PBS, a DNA test was performed. The results were as – 72.4% European, 21.3% African, and 6.3% Native American.
Looks (due to Puerto Rican father and Dominican Republican mother)
34-25-34 in or 86-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
In July 2006, she told Cosmopolitan UK that she is not lesbian, but has tried (or experimented) both the sexes.
Michelle was raised as Jehovah’s Witness, which is her mother’s religion. But, now she seems to be non-religious.
Best Known For
Performing rough and tough roles in the movies such as Fast & The Furious 6 (2013), S.W.A.T. (2003), Girlfight (2000), The Fast and The Furious (2001), Resident Evil (2002), Machete (2010).
She has worked a long time in the TV series “Lost” for her role as Ana Lucia Cortez from 2005 to 2010.
First Music Video Appearance
In 2012, she appeared in the music video for the song “Always On Time” by Ja Rule. It was a cameo appearance.
2000 American drama film, Girlfight for her role as Diana Guzman. She received 11 nominations for the movie, out of which 5 turned into awards. She starred in her first movie itself.
First TV Show
American hidden camera-practical joke reality television series, Punk’d as herself in 2005.
She has an athletic build, which she attained by well-maintained schedule. She does regular workout and eats a proper diet. She revealed about the exercise timings when she trained for the movie “Battle: Los Angeles” –
“[Training] was pretty gnarly … I was there from 5 o’clock in the morning to 5 o’clock in the afternoon training hard-core.”
She also eats non-veg.
“My favorite part of my body is my brain. I think no matter what my body looks like I wont be satisfied unless I know how to use it.”
“No matter what, people are so narrow minded that it won’t ever be Michelle Rodriguez the actress, it will always be Michelle Rodriguez the Latin actress. And it’s just something that I have to live with, because of the fact that people need labels to understand things. I can’t even get into this ignorance that I’m dealing with. So I just ignore it, you know? Ignore the ignorance.”
Michelle Rodriguez Favorite Things
Michelle Rodriguez Facts
- She was born to a Puerto Rican father and Dominican Republican mother.
- She relocated to the Dominican Republic with her mother at eight. She was raised there and stayed there until eleven. Post which, she finally moved to Jersey City, New Jersey.
- She has received 2 awards for the TV series Lost – “ALMA Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Television Series” and “Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series”. She also received one more nomination for her role, but could not turn into an award.
- She can play the piano.
- Michelle enjoys doing skating on inline skates.
- She was selected out of a total of 350 girls for the role in the 2000 movie, Girlfight.
- She didn’t have the driving license when she had to do the chasing sequences in the 2001 movie The Fast and the Furious.
- She had also been flashed in various video games, True Crime: Streets of LA (2003), Driv3r (2003), Halo 2 (2004), James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game (2009), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012).
- In March 2002, she was arrested after she was caught fighting with her roommate.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.