|Mel B Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 1979|
Mel B is an English singer, actor, and television personality who gained popularity in the 1990s as a member of the girl group Spice Girls, the best-selling female group of all time. She was nicknamed Scary Spice and her fellow groupmates included Emma Bunton, Melanie C, Geri Halliwell, and Victoria Beckham. Spice Girls went on to release albums and songs like Spice, Forever, Spiceworld, Wannabe, Say You’ll Be There, Spice Up Your Life, Viva Forever, Stop, Headlines (Friendship Never Ends), and Goodbye. Mel B has also branched out as a solo artist and has released albums and tracks such as L.A. State of Mind, Hot, Feels So Good, Today, I Want You Back (ft. Missy Elliott), For Once in My Life, Word Up, and Lullaby. As an actor, she has been cast in many shows and movies including LD 50 Lethal Dose, The Seat Filler, Burn It, Chocolate City: Vegas Strip, Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast, Coronation Street, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Black Dynamite, and Twelve Trees of Christmas.
Melanie Janine Brown
Scary Spice, Mel, Mel B, Melanie G, Melanie B, Melanie Brown, Mel G, Melanie Gulzar
Harehills, Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Mel B attended Intake High School in Leeds to study performing arts.
Recording artist, songwriter, dancer, actor, author, TV presenter, model
- Father – Martin Brown
- Mother – Andrea Brown
- Siblings – Danielle Brown (Younger Sister) (Actor)
- Others – Christian Cooke (Cousin) (Actor), Stanley Dixon (Maternal Grandfather), Eileen Mary English (Maternal Grandmother),
Melanie has been signed to Paradigm Agency.
R&B, hip-hop, pop, dance-pop
Virgin, Amber Café, EMI Music Australia
Her net worth had been $6 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Mel B has dated –
- Peter Andre – The two singers Peter Andre and Mel B had a short-lived affair when Peter was at the top of his career.
- Geri Halliwell
- Geri Horner (1994) – It was RUMORed that she had an affair with singer, songwriter, author, actor, and philanthropist Geri Horner in the year 1994.
- Fjolnir Thorgeirsson (1997-1998) – From 1997 to 1998, Mel B dated Icelander Fjolnir Thorgeirsson while her career was on the rise.
- Jimmy Gulzar (1998-2000) – Then, after she left Fjolnir, Mel B started dating Dutch dancer, Jimmy Gulzar in 1998. They married on September 13, 1998, in Little Marlow, Buckinghamshire. Soon in 2000, Brown filed for divorce, which was finalized later that year. She also gave birth to the couple’s daughter Phoenix Chi Gulzar on 19 February 1999.
- Max Beesley (2000-2002) – Actor Maxton Beesley and Melanie were romantically linked to each other from 2000 to 2002.
- James Howarth – Australian actor, James Howarth was rumored to be dating Mel B in May 2002.
- Christine Crokos (2005) – Melanie dated American film director, Christine Crokos briefly in 2005.
- Eddie Murphy (2006) – American comedian, actor, singer, writer Eddie Murphy dated Melanie from June 2006 to December 2006. On April 3, 2007 (Eddie’s 46th birthday), Mel B gave birth to another daughter Angel Iris Murphy Brown.
- Stephen Belafonte (2007-2017) – In February 2007, Melanie started dating film producer, Stephen Belafonte. They married soon on June 6, 2007. The couple welcomed their first child, daughter Madison Brown Belafonte on September 1, 2011. This was Mel B’s third daughter. She also became a stepmom to Stephen’s daughter Giselle Belafonte. In December 2016, the couple separated and Melanie filed for divorce in March 2017 which was later settled down.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy (2007) – After meeting on the set of Dancing With The Stars Season 5, dancer Maksim and Melanie were RUMORed to be dating together. They were paired together and finished second in the reality dancing competition in 2007.
- Lady Victoria Hervey (2007) – In April 2017, socialite and model Lady Victoria Hervey confirmed that she had a threesome with Mel B and Stephen Belafonte just after the couple got married in 2007. She was reportedly seduced by the couple after she was under the influence of alcohol.
- Luann Lee (2008) – In 2008, she had a fling with the former Playboy model, Luann Lee.
- Zac Efron (2017) – There were RUMORs that Mel B and American actor and singer Zac Efron had a fling in 2017.
- Rory McPhee – Mel later started dating stylist Rory McPhee. The couple got engaged in October 2022 after dating for almost 3 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She is of English and Welsh descent on her mother’s side, while she is of Afro-Caribbean descent on her father’s side.
38-26-36 in or 96.5-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
In 1997, she appeared in a Pepsi-Cola commercial.
In 2000, Mel B appeared in a PSA TV commercial on Commission for Racial Equality.
Apart from these, she also did commercials on Jenny Craig weight loss system (2012), AB Rocket Twister exercise machine (2013), Costa Bingo “Godzilla” (2014).
Best Known For
Being a member of the girl group Spice Girls.
Melanie released her debut album Hot on October 9, 2000, via Virgin Records. She was able to sell 60,000 copies of the album in the UK itself and received the certification of Silver in Britain.
The album charted at #28 in the UK and #10 in Japan.
She appeared in the 1997 British-American musical comedy film Spice World for her role as Scary Spice. Mel B received the “Razzie Award for Worst Actress” for her performance in the film.
First TV Show
In 1993, Melanie G guest appeared in ITV’s soap opera Coronation Street for her role as Amy Nelson.
She follows the Freshology diet plan. She keeps the protein/carb / fat ratio as 30/40/30. Melanie also allows one cheat day in her diet, when she can eat the food of her choice.
She takes the help of a personal trainer Joey Kormier. Dance is her favorite cardio workout. Read her full workout routine and diet plan.
Mel B Facts
- Melanie has also worked as a dancer in holiday resort Blackpool, Lancashire.
- Melanie Brown started her music career by participating in the band “Touch”. She, along with other bandmates, changed the management team, which lead to a change in the name of the band to “Spice Girls”.
- She released her autobiography “Catch A Fire” in 2002. It reached #7 in the official books chart.
- Visit her official website @ melaniebrown.com.