|Ava Michelle Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 2002|
Ava Michelle is an American dancer, model, actress, and singer who is widely known for playing Jodi Kreyman in Netflix’s Tall Girl (2019). She first appeared onscreen as a dancer on Lifetime’s Dance Moms (2014-2017). During her growing years, she faced constant bullying for her tall height and was discriminated against during dance competitions. Nevertheless, she turned her weakness into her strength and became a good role model for her fans by promoting self-love and acceptance on her social media channels. She has more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 10k followers on Twitter, more than 7k followers on Facebook, and more than 80k subscribers on YouTube.
Ava Michelle Cota
Fenton, Michigan, United States
California, United States
Ava studied at Linden Middle School in Michigan till the 8th grade, after which, she was home-schooled. She graduated in 2018.
Dancer, Actress, Singer-Songwriter, Model
- Father – Rick Cota (Deceased)
- Mother – Jeanette Cota (Choreographer, Model, Manager)
- Siblings – Devon Cota (Older Brother)
- Others – Jason Drenner (Mother’s Boyfriend)
As of 2019, Ava’s career is managed by her mother Jeanette Cota.
Pop, Electropop, Dance-pop
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ava Michelle has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Revolve (Clothing brand)
- Nasty Gal (Clothing brand)
- Motel (Clothing brand)
- Honu Coffee
- Ford Motors
- I’m A Dancer Against Cancer
- Sally Miller
- Patrick J Design
Best Known For
- Starring in the leading role of Jodi Kreyman in the 2019 Netflix comedy Tall Girl
- Appearing on Dance Moms (as a pre-teen) with her mother Jeanette which created a controversy
As a Singer
Ava has done covers of popular songs by artists like Shawn Mendes, Halsey, and Ella Henderson. Additionally, she has released original songs such as Shine Thru Me, Just Gotta Dance, and ILY on her YouTube channel.
Ava made her theatrical film debut as Jodi Kreyman in Netflix’s comedy Tall Girl in 2019.
First TV Show
Ava made her first TV show appearance in The Beginning of the End episode of the reality TV series Dance Moms as ‘Herself’ in 2013.
In addition to her regular dance practice, Ava enjoys boxing frequently. The Tall Girl star had shared her workout routine (for abs and legs) on her YouTube channel during her early teenage years. In order to achieve those flat abs, she would do 100 sit-ups, 100 side twists, abdominal hold for 50 pulses, planks, V sit-ups, and hollow hold exercises every day. For her leg workout, she preferred doing 20 squat jumps, lunges, splits, oversplits, etc. daily.
Ava Michelle Favorite Things
- Set While Shooting Tall Girl – Her bedroom
- Food – Sushi
- Places To Travel – Catalina Island, San Diego, Boston
- TV Shows – Friends, Orphan Black, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The 100, The Vampire Diaries
- Dance Styles – Contemporary, Hip Hop
- Singers To Cover – Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes
- Birthday Gift – A puppy named Harley
- Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio
- Actresses – Jennifer Lawrence, Gal Gadot
- Performance On Dance Moms – The Rapture
Ava Michelle Facts
- Ava began dancing when she was 2 years old.
- Her mother owned the Broadway Dance Academy studio in Michigan, where Ava herself had trained. However, she sold the studio in 2017 and moved to California to help fulfill her daughter’s acting dreams.
- Ava is trained in several dance forms like ballet, hip hop, jazz, freestyle, contemporary, and tap dance.
- She launched her own clothing line called the Self Love Club, which features a collection of t-shirts and sweatshirts with positive messages printed on them.
- As of 2018, Ava considered her dream role to be playing a superhero character.
- She released the single, Shine Thru Me in 2015 in memory of her father who had passed away when she was very young.
- Ava began her modeling career at the New York Fashion Week in 2017.
- She has done live performances with celebrities such as Flo Rida, Kid Rock, and many others.
- In 2016, Ava participated in the 13th season of So You Think You Can Dance. However, she only made it as far as the Dance Academy Round.
- She has 2 pet dogs named Harley and Hugo. Hugo, a pomeranian and Harley, a rescue dog have their own Instagram account with more than 3000 followers.
- She has collaborated with fashion designer Jonathan Marc Stein to launch the AVA X JMS clothing line in 2018.
- Ava is quite athletic and is skilled in gymnastics, aerobics, and swimming.
- Ava won the title of Miss Pre-Teen Galaxy International in 2014.
- While growing up, Ava became the target of cyberbullying due to her height and has spoken of her struggle with insecurities about her body.
- She is a member of the Detroit Pistons Mob Squad, which is a group of young hip hop dancers.
- Follow Ava Michelle on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ava Michelle / Instagram