Gal Gadot (Gal is pronounced just “G-al“ and Gadot similar to “a boat”)
Rosh HaAyin, Israel
Gal has studied law and political science at IDC Herzliya College.
She majored in biology in high school.
Actress, fashion model
- Father – Michael Gadot (Engineer)
- Mother – Irit (née Weiss) (Gymnastics Teacher)
- Siblings – Dana (Younger Sister)
She is signed with these agencies –
- ADD Agency
- Untitled Entertainment
As a model, she was represented by these agencies –
- Storm Models – London
- One Management – New York
- Spin Model Management – Hamburg
- LOOK Model Agency
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
During the filming of Fast & Furious, she married her Israeli businessman boyfriend, Yaron Varsano on September 28, 2008. The couple had a hotel in Neve Tzedek, Tel Aviv which was sold to a Russian businessman, Roman Abramovich for $26 million in April 2015.
The couple welcomed their first girl named, Alma Varsano in November 2011 and second daughter, Maya Varsano in March 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has ¼ Austrian, ¼ Czech, ¼ Polish, and ¼ German ancestry.
- Great height
- Deep voice
34-23-34 in or 86-58.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
She was made the face of Gucci’s Bamboo perfume in 2015.
Best Known For
Playing Gisele Yashar in the Fast & Furious film series, and as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman in the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) and Wonder Woman (2017).
She debuted with 2009 action film Fast & Furious for her role as Gisele Yashar.
First TV Show
In 2007, Gal appeared in Israeli series Bubot for her role as Miriam “Merry” Elkayam.
Gal Gadot is a tough woman, having served in the Israeli military. To gain some weight and muscular body to play Wonder Woman in a movie, she did incorporate high fiber and protein diet.
Gal started doing weight training, increased time in cardio, apart from kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Capoeira, and sword fighting. Get to know more about her workout and diet at Healthy Celeb.
In general, she tries to work out three days in a week – one hour in each session. By the way, she is a foodie.
Gal Gadot Favorite Things
- Israeli Beauty Products – Ahava (dead sea body care), Diva (mascara)
Source – Harper’s Bazaar
Gal Gadot Facts
- Gal has a 2006 black Ducati Monster-S2R motorcycle as she likes riding bikes.
- Gal grew up playing tennis, basketball, dodgeball, and volleyball teams.
- She was the winner of beauty pageant Miss Israel 2004, but couldn’t win Miss Universe 2004.
- She served as a dancer for 12 years.
- Her first name Gal means “wave” in Hebrew. Whereas, her last name means “shores” or “riverbanks.”
- Gal has worked as an enlisted soldier in the Israel Defense Forces for 2 years. At that time, she was also working as a model (as she was 20).
- Her earlier jobs include babysitting and she also worked at Burger King which she did as a teenager.
- In 2013, she was earning more money (annual modeling salary) than other Israeli models such as Esti Ginzburg, Shlomit Malka, and Liraz Dror. Though, Gal was way behind Bar Refaeli.
- Gal was first considered to play Bond girl Camille Montes in the 2008 film Quantum of Solace, but finally, Olga Kurylenko was cast. Later, to play Wonder Woman, both Olga Kurylenko and Gal were considered again. This time Gal beat her and as well all know, Gal was cast instead.
- Gal became the first non-American to play Wonder Woman in a film when she appeared in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016.
- She was also offered to play Faora in Man of Steel (2013), but due to pregnancy, she had to turn down the role.
- Connect with Gal on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.