Tramar Lacel Dillard
Flo Rida, T. Dillard
Carol City, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
After the completion of his high school studies, Flo Rida got enrolled at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where he intended to study international business management. However, he dropped out after 2 months.
He returned to Miami and got enrolled at the Barry University. However, again, he lasted in the university for around 2 months.
Rapper, Singer, and Composer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He was raised alongside 7 sisters.
Flo Rida is represented by I.M.G. Records / Strong Arm Management.
Hip-hop, Hip house, EDM, Pop-rap, R&B
- Atlantic Records
- Poe Boy
- Cash Money
- International Music Group
- Strong Arm
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Flo Rida has dated –
- Phoenix White (2007-2008) – Flo Rida started going out with model Phoenix White in December 2007. They dated for about 6 months before deciding to end their relationship in the summer of 2008.
- Vivica A. Fox (2009) – In her April 2009 interview with Bossip, the actress Vivica A. Fox revealed that she had a crush on the Miami based rapper. It was later revealed that they had been spotted together out on a date in Miami a couple of weeks before her interview.
- Brenda Song (2009) – Flo Rida was linked up with model and actress Brenda Song in May 2009 by the tabloids after she was spotted at his concert in Los Angeles. It was claimed that they had gotten cozy backstage at the event and he was later spotted leaving with her.
- Brandy (2010) – In the early months of 2010, Flo Rida was reported to be going out with recording artist Brandy. He was spotted at her birthday party in February. According to onlookers, they were holding hands at the party. She herself confirmed that they were going out, in an interview, in April and she stopped short of labeling themselves as a couple but claimed that he was somebody in his life in whom she was interested. However, their relationship didn’t last long. She claimed that she had decided to end their relationship as she wanted to focus on her career. But there were sources that claimed he had left her for another woman.
- Eva Marcille (2010-2011) – In the summer of 2010, the Miami based rapper started going out with actress and model Eva Marcille. They were first spotted together in June at the BET Awards 2010. It was also reported that Eva was the reason behind his breakup with Brandy. He eventually confirmed that he was going out with Eva during his appearance on the Wendy Williams show. They decided to pull curtains on their relationship in the early months of 2011.
- Melyssa Ford (2011-2012) – Flo Rida started his volatile and on and off relationship with actress and model Melyssa Ford in early months of 2011. Over the course of the next 18 months, they broke up on 3 occasions only to get back together. In one of her interviews after their final break up, Melyssa called his conversational skills fairly limited.
- Darnell Nicole (2016-2017) – According to reports, Flo Rida started going out with model Darnell Nicole in October 2016. However, their affair didn’t last even 6 months and they went separate ways in February 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
Previously, Flo Rida had ‘Black’ hair.
Now, he is bald.
- Tall and imposing body
- Often wears a thick gold chain
Flo Rida’s single Enjoy All of It was used in a TV commercial for the breakfast cereal, Life Original.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being one of the best-selling artists of the modern period. He has sold more than 80 million digital records.
- The commercial success of his debut single, Low, which remained at the top of US music charts for about 10 weeks. The single was certified platinum 8 times in U.S.
- The popularity of his international hits such as Whistle, My House, and Good Feeling.
In March 2008, he released his debut studio album, Mail on Sunday. It reached #4 on Billboard 200.
Flo Rida was seen in the mystery film The Next Hit in 2008.
First TV Show
In 2008, he made his first TV show appearance in the comedy talk show, Howard Stern on Demand.
Flo Rida started lifting weights at the age of 14 as he wanted to be physically prepared for the bullying environment of high school. Since then, he has been persistent with his strength training routine.
His personal trainer Tony Bradham usually looks after his body and has devised workouts that suit his requirements and time constraints.
Bradham and Flo Rida don’t even allow regular touring to get in between his fitness goals. They hit whichever gym they can find in whatever city he is visiting. He even goes out for jogging in the morning while on tour. Sometimes, when he is pressed for time, he just goes for a cardio session and a boxing workout.
Flo Rida usually works 7 days a week and sometimes, he hits the gym twice a day. His typical workout has a healthy dose of traditional exercises. Overall, the workout is a giant full body circuit that combines compound lifts, isolation exercises, some plyometric moves with boxing training.
He complements his workout routine with a healthy and protein-rich diet. He likes to start his day with an egg white omelet. In case, he has missed one, he goes for a pretty big brunch that includes steak, chicken, eggs, and waffles.
He is a big fan of grilled chicken. If he is eating out, he ensures that he balances it out. For example, he might order chicken breast with vegetables to go with chicken wings.
Flo Rida Favorite Things
- Food – Grilled chicken or grilled chicken Caesar salad
- Basketball Team – Miami Heat
Source – Delish, The Sportster
Flo Rida Facts
- While he was studying in the 9th grade, he became a member of the amateur rap group known as GroundHoggz. They used to record at the underground studios in Carver Ranches. They later added another member to their group and performed for about 8 years.
- Early in his music career, he was rejected by several big record labels, which forced him to look for jobs outside music to sustain himself financially.
- He dropped out of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas after having talked to a talent scout from the record label, Poe Boy Entertainment on a phone call. He was eventually signed up by Poe Boy in 2000.
- Flo Rida collaborated with energy drink company Celsius in 2014 to launch his exclusive range of pre-workout powders under the label of Flo Fusion.
- His debut single Low holds the distinction of being the first single to be digitally downloaded more than 5 million times.
- His single Right Round that was released in 2009 managed to garner more than 6 million digital downloads.
- He has founded a charity named Big Dreams for Kids, which aims to teach the importance of teamwork and other essential life skills to the kids through youth football. He has also started Florida Youth Football League for the similar purpose.
- Flo Rida has collaborated with his personal trainer to launch his exclusive cardio program by the name of Flo Fit, which can be bought from their official website FloFit.com.
- Visit his official website @ www.officialflo.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Adam Bielawski / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0