Jason Joel Desrouleaux
Miami, Florida, U.S.
Derulo graduated from American Musical and Dramatic Academy.
Singer, songwriter, dancer
- Father – Joel Desrouleaux
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Joel Desrouleaux (Older Brother)
He is signed with these agencies –
- 23 Management Group
- Casino Entertainment Talent Agency
R&B, pop, dance
Warner Bros. Records, Beluga Heights, Music Online Entertainmentz, TM3 Records
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jason Derulo dated –
- Jordin Sparks (2011-2014) – In August 2011, Jason started dating another singer, Jordin Sparks. They remained an item for three years and called it quits in September 2014.
- Carmen Ortega (2014) – Jason was RUMORed to be dating 5 years his senior glamor model, Carmen Ortega in 2014.
- Daphne Joy (2015-2016) – In October 2015, Jason started dating Filipina glamor model, Daphne Joy. They separated in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Great build
Jason Derulo’s approximate body specifications are –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 87 cm
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 9 (US).
He has appeared in a Coca-Cola commercial.
Best Known For
His singles like “Whatcha Say” (debut song), “Talk Dirty”, “The Other Side”, “Ridin’ Solo”, “In My Head”.
Jason released his debut album titled Jason Derülo on March 2, 2010 via Beluga Heights, and Warner Bros. The half an hour long album charted at #11 in U.S., #4 in Australia, #9 in Canada, #5 in New Zealand and likewise. It was certified as “Gold” in Australia, Canada, Ireland, and Britain.
He was able to sell 315,000 copies in U.S.
He appeared as himself in the MTV’s 2010 film Turn the Beat Around.
First TV Show
He was a dance master / choreographer in the season 1 of Network Ten’s Everybody Dance Now in 2012.
He takes the help from the trainer Kevin Henderson. He works with Kevin, whenever he is at home in LA. Kevin puts him to a schedule that helps Jason to add muscle strength and give shape to the body.
Get to know more about him via this video –
Jason Derulo Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Olive Garden
- Drink – Mojito, Vodka, water
Source – USMagazine
Jason Derulo Facts
- His both parents are from Haiti.
- Singers Jeremih Felton and Jason are not the brothers.
- “Desrouleaux” and “Derulo” are homophones (both sounds same).
- He has played basketball while in high school. His high school team was at #14 in the country.
- He comes from a middle-class family.
- Michael Jackson is his biggest musical inspiration.
- He was suffering from asthma as a child. If he goes near a pet or dairy, he would get an attack. That continued to happen until he was 13.
- His middle name “Joel” is his older brother and father’s first name.
- Whenever he is in a relationship with someone, Jason writes songs for that person.
- He used to eat 4 bananas a day during his college days in New York. The reason being, he was short of money at that time (and one banana used to cost 25 cents). But, he used to show others that he is on a “potassium diet”.
- He does not know cooking but would like to learn.
- He used to feel insecure while removing his shirt off during school time as he was little chubby.
- Visit his official website @ www.jasonderulo.com.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, and iTunes.