|Jason Derulo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jason Derulo is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor who has released a number of popular albums, EPs, and tracks which include Future History, Swalla (ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign), Everything Is 4, Jason Derulo, Tattoos, Talk Dirty, If I’m Lucky, Let’s Shut Up & Dance (with Lay and NCT 127), Mamacita (ft. Farruko), Savage Love (Laxed – Siren Beat) (with Jawsh 685), and Trumpets.
Jason Joel Desrouleaux
Miramar, Florida, United States
Derulo graduated from American Musical and Dramatic Academy.
Singer, songwriter, dancer, actor
- Father – Joel Desrouleaux
- Siblings – Joel Desrouleaux (Older Brother)
He is represented by –
- 23 Management Group
- Casino Entertainment Talent Agency
- The Harris Law Firm, LLC, Law Firm, Hackensack, New Jersey, United States
R&B, pop, dance, hip hop
Warner Bros. Records, Beluga Heights, Music Online Entertainmentz, TM3 Records, Atlantic, Asylum Records
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jason Derulo has dated –
- Jordin Sparks (2011-2014) – In August 2011, Jason started dating another singer, Jordin Sparks. They remained an item for three years and called it quits in September 2014.
- Carmen Ortega (2014) – Jason was RUMORed to be dating 5 years his senior glamor model, Carmen Ortega in 2014.
- Daphne Joy (2015-2016) – In October 2015, Jason started dating Filipina glamor model, Daphne Joy. They separated in 2016.
- Jena Frumes (2020-Present) – Reportedly, in March 2020, Jason started dating model Jena Frumes. Their relationship grew stronger during the lockdown that happened due to COVID-19 in 2020. Together, they kept posting gymnastic videos on social media. In March 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Haitian descent.
- Great build
Jason Derulo’s approximate body specifications are –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 87 cm
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 9 (US).
He has appeared in a Coca-Cola commercial.
Best Known For
His singles like “Whatcha Say” (debut song), “Talk Dirty”, “The Other Side”, “Ridin’ Solo”, “In My Head”.
Jason released his debut album titled Jason Derülo on March 2, 2010, via Beluga Heights, and Warner Bros. The half-hour-long album charted at #11 in U.S., #4 in Australia, #9 in Canada, #5 in New Zealand, and likewise. It was certified as “Gold” in Australia, Canada, Ireland, and Britain.
He was able to sell 315,000 copies in the U.S.
He appeared as himself in MTV’s 2010 film Turn the Beat Around.
First TV Show
He was a dance master/choreographer in season 1 of Network Ten’s Everybody Dance Now in 2012.
He takes help from the trainer Kevin Henderson. He works with Kevin, whenever he is at home in LA. Kevin puts him on a schedule that helps Jason to add muscle strength and give shape to the body.
Get to know more about him via this video –
Jason Derulo Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Olive Garden
- Drink – Mojito, Vodka, water
Source – US Magazine
Jason Derulo Facts
- His parents are from Haiti.
- Singers Jeremih Felton and Jason are not brothers.
- “Desrouleaux” and “Derulo” are homophones (both sound the same).
- He has played basketball while in high school. His high school team was at #14 in the country.
- He comes from a middle-class family.
- Michael Jackson is his biggest musical inspiration.
- He was suffering from asthma as a child. If he goes near a pet or dairy, he would get an attack. That continued to happen until he was 13.
- His middle name “Joel” is his older brother and father’s first name.
- He is a huge fan of Phil Collins and once said, “I was exposed to and became a fan of his music at an early age. From his time with Genesis to his incredible solo career, Phil Collins and his music have captivated generations.”
- Whenever he is in a relationship with someone, Jason writes songs for that person.
- He used to eat 4 bananas a day during his college days in New York. The reason being, he was short of money at that time (and one banana used to cost 25 cents). But, he used to show others that he is on a “potassium diet”.
- He does not know cooking but would like to learn.
- He used to feel insecure while removing his shirt off during school time as he was a little chubby.
- The first album that he ever bought was Michael Jackson‘s Thriller (1982). He credits Jackson as his inspiration and has said, “He is the reason I am who I am today. When I was 4 years old, I saw him for the first time. I saw how he moved the crowd and how people were just so touched”.
- Some of his other musical influences include Elvis Presley, Madonna, Prince, Usher, and Justin Timberlake.
- Jason revealed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2020 that he says his name at the beginning of the song to make it a bigger hit.
- In January 2021, Jason’s Twitter account had got hacked by ‘Chuckling Squad’.
- On January 21, 2021, Jason released a new song titled Lifestyle in collaboration with Adam Levine.