Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
Washington, New Jersey, U.S.
Halsey has majored in creative writing from a community college.
- Father – Chris Frangipane
- Mother – Nicole Frangipane
- Siblings – Dante Frangipane (Younger Brother), Sevian Frangipane (Younger Brother)
She shared her mom and dad’s pic on Twitter on April 19, 2014.
Her career is managed by Jason Aron of Aron Projects.
She is signed to several agencies –
- Code Agency – Europe
- Paradigm Agency
- AM Only
Vocals, acoustic guitar
She can also play the cello, violin, and viola.
Astralwerks, Capitol Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Halsey has dated –
- Matty Healy (2013) – Singers Matty and Halsey were RUMORed to be romantically linked to each other in the past.
- LidoLido (2014) – Norwegian hip hop artist, rapper, and producer, LidoLido dated Halsey in 2014.
- Josh Dun (2015) – Halsey was RUMORed to be dating with another musician Josh Dun in 2015 after they were seen hanging out and looking cozy during outings.
- Ruby Rose (2015) – Australian model, and actress Ruby Rose and Halsey were seen romancing in December 2015.
- Andrew Taggart (2016; 2017) – In August 2016, DJ Andrew Taggart and Halsey were romantically linked to each other. They didn’t confirm the relationship. Hence, it was a rumor. Andrew and Halsey were again seen together in January 2017 in Aspen in an Instagram update from Halsey.
- Ashton Irwin (2016) – Halsey was RUMORed to have had a fling with Australian drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer band, Ashton Irwin in the past.
- Jared Leto (2016) – During 2016 Coachella Music Festival, actor Jared Leto and Halsey were RUMORed to have hooked up with each other.
- G-Eazy (2017-2018, 2018) – After collaborating for the song “Him And I”, the rapper G-Eazy and Halsey started dating each other in July 2017. He left Lana Del Rey to start his relationship with Halsey. Exactly after dating for 1 year, the couple called it quits in July 2018. In August 2018, they sparked dating rumors again when they left the VMAs together. After dating for 2 months, they again called it quits in October 2018.
- Machine Gun Kelly (2018) – In 2018, after Halsey split from G-Eazy, she was seen partying with rapper MGK (or Machine Gun Kelly).
- John Mayer (2018) – In November 2018, Halsey was rumored to be dating with musician John Mayer. They are very good friends from a long time.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Italian American descent on her mother’s side.
She keeps changing her hair color by dying it with different colors.
- Multi-colored hair
- Numerous tattoos on the body
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Halsey has appeared in Taco Bell Bacon Mall commercial.
Best Known For
Her singles “New Americana” and “Ghost” from her debut album “Badlands.”
Halsey released her debut studio album Badlands on August 28, 2015, via Astralwerks and Capitol Records.
The album charted at #2 in US, and Australia, #3 in Ireland, Canada, and New Zealand, #5 in Netherlands, etc.
The standard edition of the album contains 11 tracks, which gives it a total length of 40:03 minutes.
Before the debut album, she had already released one Extended Play called Room 93 in October 2014.
First TV Show
In 2015, she guest appeared at comedy musical talk show Last Call with Carson Daly as herself (Musical Guest) in two episodes titled “George Miller / Solomon Georgio / Halsey” and “Randall Park / Rose McIver / Halsey.”
Halsey’s workout routine and diet plan are not known. But, she does boxing in her free time to relieve stress.
- “Halsey,” her stage name is an anagram of her first name “Ashley.” Halsey is also a street in Brooklyn, where she had spent most of her time.
- At the age of 14, she started learning to play acoustic guitar.
- Taylor Swift‘s song ‘Fifteen’ is the first song, which Ashley learned to play on guitar.
- At 16 or 17, she was identified with bipolar disorder.
- To write one song, she generally takes somewhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes.
- To make her both ends meet, Ashley started playing music when she turned 18.
- She is biracial, bipolar and bisexual. In short – “tri-bi.” But, she hates the term “tri-bi”.
- Ashley had previously planned to major in fine arts but didn’t go through due to financial problems.
- She first started out by posting songs on YouTube.
- She was the most talked about person at SXSW (South by Southwest) 2015 on Twitter.
- In 2012, after the release of her song “Ghost,” she got calls and meeting requests from lot many record labels and because all this happened so quickly, she had to take help from one of her friends who pretended to be her manager.
- She describes her style as “Sexy, androgynous, outer-space.”
- She once received a lighter from a fan.
- Halsey titles herself as Winona Ryder of the rap game.
- In 2015, Halsey produced a tribute to Will Smith‘s son, Jaden Smith with the help of her then-boyfriend, Lido.
- She is an indie pop singer.
- While she was a kid, her dad used to listen to Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Slick Rick, The Notorious B.I.G., and Tupac Shakur, while her mother used to listen to Alanis Morissette, Nirvana, The Cranberries, and The Cure. This influenced her music style and career.
- Visit her official website @ iamhalsey.com.
- Hear more from Halsey on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Google+, iTunes, SongKick, and YouTube VEVO.