|Miranda Otto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1967|
Miranda Otto is an Australian actress who is known for playing the role as Éowyn in the 2nd and 3rd editions of The Lord of the Rings film series along with the role as Zelda Spellman on the Netflix series Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. During the early 20s, Otto was a prominent personality of several plays at the Nimrod Theatre. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
She divides her time between Australia and Los Angeles.
Miranda attended the National Institute of Dramatic Art, Sydney and graduated in 1990.
- Father – Barry Otto (Actor)
- Mother – Lindsay Otto (Actress)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Gracie Otto (Younger Half-sister), Edward Otto (Younger Half-brother), Alan Gollogly (Stepfather)
Otto is represented by –
- United Agents Ltd.
- Management 360
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Miranda Otto has dated –
- Richard Roxburgh (1997-2000) – Miranda and actor Richard Roxburgh started dating in 1997. They ended their relationship in 2000.
- Peter O’Brien (2002-Present) – The Aussie actor Peter O’Brien and Miranda Otto met during the production of A Doll’s House in 2002. After dating for 1 year, they tied the knot on January 1, 2003, at the St Mary’s Cathedral, Sydney, Australia. The duo is parenting a daughter named Darcey O’Brien (b. April 1, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
Miranda has German and possibly other roots.
Otto often tends to dye her hair ‘red’ or ‘light brown’.
- Dimpled Smile
- Colossal Eyes
Miranda appeared in a TV commercial with actor Brad Pitt for Damiani jewelry in 2000.
Best Known For
- Playing Zelda Spellman on the Netflix series Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
- Playing Éowyn in the 2nd and 3rd editions of The Lord of the Rings film series
- Enacting Esther Mullins in the 2017 horror film Annabelle: Creation
Otto made her feature film debut in the 1987 drama film Emma’s War as Emma Grange.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Amy Brodie in 1988 on the drama series The Flying Doctors.
Miranda Otto Facts
- Her upbringing was done in Newcastle and Brisbane before temporarily shifting to Hong-Kong after her parent’s divorce.
- Otto started acting at the age of 18.
- During her holidays in Sydney, she became interested in acting.
- Miranda along with her friends killed free time writing scripts and designing costumes during her teens.
- She was discovered by casting director Faith Martin.
- Otto had mild scoliosis which broke her dream of becoming a ballerina.
- She gained the attention of the Australian cinema by her first post-graduation role in the 1991 film The Girl Who Came Late.
- She has appeared in the 1986 production of The Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant.
- Miranda was pregnant during the shooting of the 2005 movie War of the Worlds starring Tom Cruise.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0