|Dominick Cruz Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|September 3, 1985
Dominick Cruz is a Mixed Martial Artist of Mexican origin from San Diego. To his credit, he has won the UFC Bantamweight Championship many times and has reached the #2 spot in official UFC Bantamweight rankings. With a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, he also has an impressive record in the UFC /WEC Bantamweight category. He has also appeared as an MMA analyst for Fox Sports. His orthodox stance of fighting and winning streaks have earned him a huge fan following with followers ranging over 400k on Facebook, over 500k on Twitter, and over 900k on Instagram.
Dominick Rojelio Cruz
San Diego, California, United States
San Diego, California, United States
Dominick Cruz has studied at Flowing Wells High School.
Mixed Martial Artist, MMA Analyst
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
Dominick Cruz is managed by Alliance MMA based in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
68 in or 172.5 cm
Muay Thai, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dominick Cruz has dated –
- Kenda Perez – Dominick was rumored to be in a relationship with model Kenda Perez. However, the relationship was not confirmed.
- Amanda Nicole – Dominick was again rumored to have dated model Amanda Nicole, although nothing was confirmed.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- High cheekbone with a strong jawline
Dominick Cruz has either promoted or endorsed brands like –
- Louis Vuitton
- Memphis Car Audio
- Specialized Costa Mesa
- Monster Energy
- TOYO TIRES
- Polaris RZR
- Premium Auto Styling
- Hayabusa Combat
Best Known For
- His excellent run in the UFC /WEC Bantamweight history, standing unbeaten at 135 pounds till his 13th match.
- Being the first MMA fighter to win the UFC Bantamweight Champion title in 2010
- Successfully defending the UFC Bantamweight Champion title twice in 2011, as well as for regaining the title in January 2016 in a comeback match, after having recovered from a prolonged injury, against T.J. Dillashaw. The match is considered as the greatest comeback match in the history of MMA.
- Being the #2 player in the official UFC Bantamweight rankings as on July 26, 2018
First Wrestling Match
On January 29, 2005, he made is MMA debut in Rage in the Cage 67 event in Phoenix, Arizona, United States, against Eddie Castro winning the match in a Decision (split) 1–0.
First TV Show
In 2007, he made his first TV show appearance on the series FightZone Presents as an interviewee.
Dominick Cruz trains twice a day 5 times a week and once on Saturday. Check out his workout in this video.
Dominick Cruz’s diet includes –
- Early Morning – At 3 in the morning, he fuels his body with whey protein shake and then goes back to sleep.
- Breakfast – He usually has his breakfast at 7:30 a.m. which consist of a 5-egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, egg whites, and 2 slices of Ezekiel whole grain bread.
- During Training – As he suffers from hypoglycemia, he normally takes Vitargo shake to control his sugar level.
- After Training – After his morning training, he has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with organic peanut butter, organic jelly, and Ezekiel bread along with protein shake.
- Lunch – His hearty lunch usually consists of chicken breast, broccoli, sweet potato, or pasta with ground turkey meat and organic tomato sauce.
- Evening – In the evening, he takes Vitargo shake before another round of his practice.
- Dinner – As for dinner, he takes ground turkey patties with vegetables, a large plate of salad, and a sweet potato.
Dominick Cruz Favorite Things
- Technique – Uppercut
Source – UFC
Dominick Cruz Facts
- When he was a child, he lived in a trailer park in Tucson with his mother, grandmother, and brother.
- He considers his mother to be his greatest hero.
- For him, fighting in the UFC is about being considered amongst the best fighters of the world.
- His first job was working as a customer service representative for Lowe’s Home Improvement store.
- Before taking up fighting full-time, Cruz was planning on becoming a firefighter and therefore, joined the community college.
- He has also contributed as an MMA analyst for Fox Sports.
- His least favorite food, that he still somehow manages to eat, is kale.
- His nickname “The Dominator” started as a joke after his high school football teammates named him so for his strength while playing at the linebacker position on the defense.
- His only pro loss was against Urijah Faber during the WEC Featherweight title match on March 24, 2007.
- Cruz had to be sidelined from the game from October 2011 to September 2014 due to his prolonged injury and recovery time.
- He has a dog named Dogo.
- He supports the Veteran Village Foundation.
- In 2010, he was named Fighter of the Year by USA Today.
- Visit his official website @ domcruzmma.com.
- Follow Dominick Cruz on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Dominick Cruz / Instagram