|Isabel Lucas Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|January 29, 1985
Isabel Lucas is an Australian actress and model best known for her breakthrough role of Alice in the film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and for portraying Tasha Andrews in Home and Away from 2003 to 2006. She has also won numerous awards for her superior acting skills like Logie Award (2004), Scream Award (2009), and Young Hollywood Award (2011). The actress has amassed more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Isabel divides her time between Melbourne and Los Angeles.
Isabel attended Jabiru Area School. She later went to St. Monica’s College in Cairns. Isabel also studied drama at Victorian College of Arts and Queensland University of Technology.
- Father – Andrew Lucas (Pilot)
- Mother – Beatrice Lucas (Special Needs Teacher)
- Siblings – Nini Lucas (Sister)
Isabel is represented by Management Production Entertainment.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Isabel has dated –
- Chris Hemsworth (2005-2008) – Isabel first met actor Chris Hemsworth in 2005 on the set of the long-running drama Home And Away and they dated for almost 3 years before calling it quits in 2008.
- Shia LaBeouf (2008) – In 2008, she was romantically linked to her Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen co-star Shia LaBeouf.
- Adrian Grenier (2008) – Isabel briefly dated actor Adrian Grenier in March 2008 but the couple parted ways in August 2008.
- Joel Edgerton (2009) – In 2009, Isabel was rumored to be dating Australian actor Joel Edgerton.
- Jared Leto (2009) – She was also romantically linked with actor Jared Leto in 2009.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2010) – In April 2010, rumors buzzed that Isabel was dating actor Jake Gyllenhaal.
- Angus Stone (2010-2012) – In November 2010, Isabel started dating Australian singer and musician Angus Stone. Isabel had relocated to the United States in 2008 but came back to Australia to move in with Angus. They, however, broke up in April 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swiss descent on her mother’s side and has Australian ancestry on her father’s side.
She has sectoral heterochromia due to which she has as a brown spot in her right eye.
A brown spot in her right eye
Isabel has worked as a spokesperson for the Australian National Breast Cancer Foundation. She has also served as an ambassador for World Vision in 2004. She has also been associated with –
- The Humour Foundation
- Women Against Violence
- Oxfam Community Aid Abroad
- Global Green Plan
- Save the Whales Again
- Sea Shepherd
Best Known For
Playing the role of Alice in the film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen for which she went on to win the Scream Award for best “Breakout Performance-Female” in 2009
Isabel made her theatrical film debut in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen as Alice in 2009.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in Home and Away as Tasha Andrews in 2003.
As per an interview in 2014, Isabel was taking a dance class called 5Rhythms every Tuesday from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. She described it as a ‘therapeutic form of movement medicine’. She said that she had been taking the class for a long time.
In 2017, she was stretching most days on a mat at home and also went for a walk each day. As she had been walking by the ocean, so, she usually took a swim to keep her body and mind energized. Isabel also tried to attend at least 2 yoga classes per week to keep herself fresh.
Isabel also started her day with a healthy breakfast such as eggs, spinach, gluten-free toast, zucchini. She preferred her foods GMO free, organic, and range free. She was also taking supplements of the B’s or sometimes had kombucha as a pro-biotic.
Isabel Lucas Favorite Things
- Thing To Do In Sydney – Going for a ‘zen facial’ with Fumi Yamamoto
Source – HarpersBazaar.com.au
Isabel Lucas Facts
- Isabel’s family migrated from Melbourne to Switzerland for a year when she was only 6 years old. They again relocated to Melbourne for a short period before finally settling in North Queensland where Isabel grew up in a small mining town only populated with 1000 people.
- She was first scouted for modeling at the age of 12 in middle of a farmer’s market in Melbourne.
- She discovered a fondness for acting and drama in her school days but only started auditioning for roles when she was scouted by an agent.
- Isabel was discovered by Sharron Meissner while she was on a holiday in Port Douglas in June 2002.
- She later auditioned for the role of Kit Hunter (originally played by Amy Mizzi) in Home and Away but the producer felt that she was not quite right to play the character. Although they did not want to let her go, so, a new character Tasha Andrews was created especially for Isabel.
- She has been an avid horse rider since she was 10 years old and has even competed in dressage and show jumping.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0