|Dominic Monaghan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1976|
Dominic Monaghan is a British-German actor best known for playing the role of Meriadoc Brandybuck / Merry in the Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001–2003) and Charlie Pace in Lost (2004–2010).
Dominic Bernard Patrick Luke Monaghan
West Berlin, West Germany
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dominic graduated from St Anne’s Roman Catholic High School and studied English literature, drama, and geography at Aquinas College.
After regularly participating in school plays, Dominic joined the Manchester Youth Theatre where he was scouted for his first acting job in a British crime-drama called Hetty Wainthropp Investigates (1996–1997) when he was 20 years old.
Actor, Producer (Owner of Monkey Spunk Production Company)
- Father – Austin Monaghan (Science Teacher)
- Mother – Maureen (Nurse)
- Siblings – Matthew Monaghan (Older Brother) (Co-lead vocalist of the indie band Radiosepia)
- Others – LukeTwardowski-Reid (Half Brother)
He is represented by –
- Agency for the Performing Arts (APA), United States
- Dallas Smith, United Agents, United Kingdom
- Don Buchwald & Associates (Law Firm)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dominic Monaghan has dated –
- Evangeline Lilly (2004–2009) – Dominic had only one publicized romantic relation. He dated his Lost (2004–2010) co-star for 5 years. In reply to a fan comment on Twitter, he hinted the actress cheated on him that caused the end of their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Irish ancestry.
- Tattoos on the right forearm (drawn by Kat Von D), right shoulder, and upper back
- Frequently spotted wearing bracelets, wrist bands, and rings
7.5 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
- Monaghan appeared in several live-action teasers for the promotion of the science fiction video game called The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2013).
- He was the voice of Sightseeing Manchester’s bus tour, recorded in March 2016.
He was raised a Catholic Christian.
Dominic Monaghan Favorite Things
- Video Games – Uncharted series, FIFA, Skyrim, Medal of Honor and the original Halo, Kentucky Route Zero and mobile title Virus Inc.
- Creature – Ants
- Horror Movies – Let the Right One In (2008), Don’t Look Now (1973), The Exorcist (1973)
- Bands – Radiohead, Coldplay, The Beatles, and The Smiths
- Sports Team – Manchester United (Soccer)
- Sports Players – Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Eric Cantona, Ruud van Nistelrooy
- Cocktail – Tequila, club soda, and fresh lime on the rocks
- Word To Use In A Conversation – Insane
- TV Guilty Pleasure – Chopped, Survivor
- Food – Sushi
- Food Guilty Pleasure – Nutella
- Movies (Comedy) – This Is Spinal Tap (1984), Monty Python’s Life of Brian (1979)
- Curse Word – W*nker
- Emoji – Purple Devil
- Countries For Vacation – New Zealand, India, Thailand, Palau, and Spain
- Cities (Other Than LA) – Berlin, Wellington, Bangkok, New York, Sydney
- Cuisine – Malaysian
- Romantic Destination – Paris
- Place In The British Isles – Penrith, Cumbria, and Glasgow in Scotland
- Hotels – George V in Paris, The W in San Diego, Casa de Carmona in Spain
- Drive Route – From LA via Big Sur to San Francisco
Dominic Monaghan Facts
- Before getting his first break as an actor, he formerly worked sorting mail at a post office, followed by a job in British home stores, and lastly served as a Sauté chef at a place called Quincey’s in Didsbury, Manchester.
- In 2003, he purchased a forest in India to help protect the environment.
- Dom learned karate in childhood and speaks fluent German.
- Dom’s parents returned to live in Stockport, England when he was 11 years old.
- The actor mentioned in an interview that one of the primary reasons he moved to Los Angeles was that he fell in love with surfing and wanted to live near a beach.
- He has a habit of writing on his hands.
- Dom is also a gaming fanatic and claims to be good at karaoke.
- He frequently trains with producer, writer, and personal trainer Ryan Farhoudi at Eastern Gym Co of Hollywood.
- Monaghan was cast as a model opposite actress Megan Fox in the music video of Eminem’s hit single Love the Way you Lie ft Rihanna (2010).
- The actor holds a deep love for wildlife and nature. He had insects and reptiles as pets since the age of 10 and continues to look after an assortment of lizards, spiders, and snakes at his home.
- While filming Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan in 2012, Dom’s guide, Dr. Peter Jäger, discovered a new species of a spider in Laos and chose to name it Ctenus monaghani to recognize the actor’s enthusiasm for nature.
Featured Image by Dominic Monaghan / Instagram