|Gabbi Garcia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1998|
Gabbi Garcia is a Filipino actress, model, and singer, known for Seasons of Love mini TV series that aired in 2014. She also appeared in InstaDad and Let the Love Begin TV series in 2015, as the characters Marikit ‘Kit’ Monteamor and Pia V. Sta. Maria, respectively. Gabbie had a small role in Magpakailanman between 2014 and 2015, and then in Wagas (2015-2016) TV series with Kiko Estrada, Benjamin Alves, Dex Quindoza, and others. She captivated the attention of the audience in 2016 and 2017 with her role of Alena in GMA Network’s reboot of Encantadia.
Gabbie also appeared in Laut in 2016 and had her 1st single released as a singer during that time, named Love You The Way I Do, in collaboration with Ruru Madrid from his album One Heart, signed by GMA Records. In November 2017, she announced and then released All I Need, her 2nd single, that was self-produced this time. In 2018, Gabbie played Lena in Victor Magtanggol TV series, as well as Jade Roces in Pamilya Roces, a comedy-drama family television series. As of February 2019, she has 3.2 million followers on Instagram and 4.35 million followers on Facebook.
Gabriella Louise Ortega Lopez
Gabbi, Gabrielle Garcia
Makati City, Philippines
Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
She is a high-school graduate from St. Paul College in Pasig, Philippines.
In early 2019, Gabbi enrolled in MINT College in Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines, in order to study music business management.
Actress, Dancer, Model, Singer
- Father – Vince Pena Lopez (Security Manager)
- Mother – Tes Lopez (Flight Attendant)
- Siblings – Alex Garcia (Older Sister)
Gabbi is represented by GMA Artist Center located in Quezon City, Philippines.
She has released her music via GMA Records.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gabbi has dated –
- Ruru Madrid (2016) – It was rumored that Gabbi dated the singer during 2016, as they appeared together numerous times to promote the song they recorded.
- Khalil Ramos (2018-Present) – She met actor Khalil Ramos in November 2017 when she was recording the music video for her hit single All I Need, that Khalil directed. In July 2018, during an interview on Tonight With Boy Abunda, the actor-filmmaker admitted that Gabbi is very special to him and that they’re very close, and thus confirmed the dating rumors. Since then, it was evident from social media that the two have found love, and enjoyed spending time together.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
- Fuller lips
- Thin, long nose
She has endorsed brands such as Maybelline, Pantene, McDonald’s, BENCH, OPPO smartphones, Flytpack, AcneCare Beauty, PEPSI Vanilla, Sony headphones, and has appeared in a variety of television commercials.
Best Known For
- Having a supporting role in My Destiny (2014) TV series
- Playing a leading role in Seasons of Love in 2014, with a very successful 1st season
- Appearing in InstaDad (2015), and co-hosting a show named Wowowin the same year
- Achieving massive success with her performance in Encantadia (2016) as Alena for 218 episodes
- Playing a character of Lily Pelaez in 63 episodes of Sherlock Jr. TV series in 2018
- Becoming the 1st Pantene shampoo girl from the Philippines in 2017, with the commercial being telecast worldwide
As a Singer
In 2016, Gabbi released a duet with Ruru Madrid named Love You The Way I Do under GMA Records label. 1 year later, in November 2017, she released her 1st self-produced single named All I Need.
Her first feature film appearance was as Shana’a in a Filipino movie Laut, released on February 19, 2016. The movie didn’t premiere in theaters but was significant for Gabbi, as she received a Star Award nomination.
First TV Show
Gabbi’s first TV show performance was in 2014 in a TV series titled My Destiny, where she had a supporting role of Nicole Perez.
She hasn’t shared a lot of details about a workout routine she follows, but it is obvious that Gabbie works hard in order to keep her body in shape. She does a lot of cardio like swimming, running, hiking, and riding a bike instead of driving a car.
Gabbi Garcia Favorite Things
- Actor – Zac Efron
- Activity – Hiking, Mountaineering, Swimming, Biking, Sunbathing
- Sport – Airsoft
- Vehicle – Motorbike
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Gabbi Garcia Facts
- She owned 2 cats, named Elon and Mandy, and had a dog named Sunshine.
- Gabbi is a big supporter of the LGBTQ community and a body positivity promoter through her social media. She said that her flaws are what makes her unique and that her fans shouldn’t worry over their own body flaws, and learn to embrace them instead.
- Gabbie plays guitar and has been musically inclined from an early age.
- Gabbie became a licensed scuba diver when she was only 10 years old.
- She participated in a variety of beauty pageants. In 2011, she won Ms. Skin White pageant, and 2 years later won Ms. Solane.
- Before becoming a well-known actress, she used to perform local gigs with various bands in the vicinity in order to fund her acting dreams.
- Let the Love Begin was one of her most notable appearances and made her well known in 2015, thus giving her a chance to land new gigs. She played the character of Pia V. Sta. Maria.
- She said that she felt responsible for the image she presents to more than 3 million followers on her social media, with a big part of them being teenagers and kids. Gabbie also said that social media is a powerful outlet to reach a massive audience when used properly and that negative comments shouldn’t pull you down, only motivate you to be authentic.
- Encantadia TV series by GMA Network was what made her one of the highest sought-after Filipino TV actresses in 2016. It was a reboot of the 2005 series with the same name.
- Gabbie appeared on both Lip Sync Battle Philippines and Celebrity Bluff TV shows in a span of 2 years, between 2016 and 2018.
- Gabbi won the “German Moreno Youth Achievement Award” at the 64th FAMAS Awards in 2016. The same year, she took home The PEP List Award for being “Female Stylish Star of the Year”.
- She met the American model Gigi Hadid in January 2018 during a Maybelline MasterClass event in Tokyo, Japan.
- Her 2nd film appearance as Alex Balatbat in Meant to Beh (2017) skyrocketed her acting career due to the positive critics and audience reviews.
- Gabbi missed a press conference for Sherlock Jr. in January 2018. She had to explain to the fans on Twitter that she was in the hospital with a severe kidney infection.
- She left both Sherlock Jr. TV series and the variety program Sunday PinaSay in early 2018. Even though it was speculated that she was leaving the GMA Network, Gabbie later clarified that she didn’t have enough time to pursue her education on top of various acting projects.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Gabbi Garcia / Instagram