|Hugh Jackman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1968|
Hugh Jackman is an Australian actor, voiceover artist, singer, and producer who is known for having given a variety of critically acclaimed performances such as Wolverine/James Howlett/Logan in the X-Men film series, Jean Valjean in Les Misérables, P.T. Barnum in The Greatest Showman, Leopold Alexis Elijah Walker Thomas Gareth Mountbatten in Kate & Leopold, and Gabriel Van Helsing in Van Helsing. Also, his performance in Les Misérables got him nominated for the 2013 Academy Award for “Best Actor”.
Hugh Michael Jackman
Bear, Hughey, Worm, Sticks (when he was a boy)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Jackman attended Pymble Public School and Knox Grammar School in Sydney, After graduation, he spent his drop year by working at Uppingham School in England. In 1991, he graduated with B.A. in Communications from the University of Technology in Sydney, Australia.
Afterward, he attended the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts of Edith Cowan University in Perth, Western Australia, and graduated in 1994.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Singer, Producer
- Father – Christopher John Jackman (Cambridge-trained accountant)
- Mother – Grace McNeil (née Greenwood)
- Siblings – Ian Jackman (Brother), Ralph Jackman (Brother), Sonya Jackman (Sister), Zoe Jackman (Sister)
- Others – Percival Henry Jackman (Paternal Grandfather), Glory Margaret Bellas (Paternal Grandmother), Bennett John Greenwood (Maternal Grandfather), Agnes Milroy (Maternal Grandmother)
Hugh has been signed with –
- Endeavor Talent Agency – United States
- Penny Williams Management – Australia
- Lou Coulson Agency – London, United Kingdom
- Rogers & Cowan, Public Relations Agency – Los Angeles, United States
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jackman married Deborra-Lee Furness on April 11, 1996, at St. John’s in Toorak, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne. Furness is also an Australian actress and producer. They first met on the set of the TV show Correlli. The couple adopted 2 children – a son named Oscar Maximillian in May 2000 (b. 15 May 2000) and a daughter named Ava Eliot in July 2005 (b. July 10, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scottish, and Greek descent.
Ruggedly Handsome features
Asahi Super Dry (Japanese beer), Body by Milk, Lipton Tea, Micromax (Indian mobile phone brand in 2013)
He has described himself as a “religious person” and follows the School of Practical Philosophy.
Best Known For
Jackman is best known for his long-running role as Wolverine in the X-Men film series.
In 2002, he sang the role of Billy Bigelow in the musical Carousel in a concert at Carnegie Hall.
1999 film Erskineville Kings as Wace. It was a lead role and he received the FCCA Award for Best Male Actor.
First TV Show
In 1994, Jackman appeared in an Australian television drama series, Law of the Land for his role as Charles “Chicka” McCray. He appeared in just a single episode titled “Win, Lose and Draw”.
Steve Ramsbottom is the trainer for Jackman’s Wolverine role. He was supposed to do a workout in 3 different phases –
- Mass Building
- Weight/ Strength Training
- Body Maintenance
Continue reading his workout routine and diet plan.
“I have shocking teeth…. I’m being a little facetious – I just went to the dentist the other day, and he looked at my teeth and went, ‘Oh, my God, you’ve got gray teeth.'”
Hugh Jackman Facts
- One of his paternal great-grandfathers was Greek.
- His parents were divorced when he was 8 years old.
- Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, and Rupert Murdoch are his good friends.
- During high schooling, Jackman took part in various sports activities including rugby, cricket, high jumping, and swimming.
- He enjoys playing kayaking and basketball.
- Hugh owns a production company, Seed Productions with John Palermo.
- He is a philanthropist too. He is a supporter of Microcredit (extension of very small loans).
- He has 2 pets – Dali (French bulldog) and Allegra (a poodle and terrier mix).
- In an interview, he revealed that it was not until the age of 22 that he thought to convert his hobby into a full-time career.
- At the 2019 Queen‘s Birthday Honours, he was appointed a Companion of the Order of Australia for his services to performing arts and to the global community.