|Laidback Luke Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 22, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Laidback Luke is a Filipino DJ and music producer who has worked on various albums, extended plays, and tracks like Electronic Satisfaction, Focus, B2B, Rocking with the Best, Popmusic (ft. Jay Underground), More Than Special (ft. Pimsmit), Get Dumb (with Swedish House Mafia), It (with Angello and Ingrosso), Chaa Chaa (with Sebastian Ingrosso), Show Me Love (with Steve Angello ft. Robin S.), Leave the World Behind (with Swedish House Mafia ft. Deborah Cox), Blau! (with Lee Mortimer), Step by Step (with Gregor Salto ft. Mavis Acquah), Till Tonight (ft. Jonathan Mendelsohn), Timebomb (ft. Jonathan Mendelsohn), Turbulence (with Steve Aoki ft. Lil Jon), 1234 (ft. Chuckie and Martin Solveig), Night Like This (with Angger Dimas ft. Polina), Dynamo (with Hardwell), More (with Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike), Blow (with Martin Solveig), Mufasa (with Peking Duk), Bae (ft. Gina Turner), Stepping to the Beat, Let It Go (ft. Trevor Guthrie), Move To The Sound (with Afrojack ft. Hawkboy), Front 2 The Back (with Mike Cervello), With Me (with Florian Picasso ft. Bright Lights), It’s Time (with Steve Aoki ft. Bruce Buffer), The Illest (with Swanky Tunes), Dance It Off (ft. Ally Brooke), and If There is Love (with Raphi).
Lucas Cornelis van Scheppingen
He divides his time between –
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- New York, United States
DJ, Music Producer, Martial Artist
- Father – Kees van Scheppingen
- Mother – Lucy van Scheppingen
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
Laidback Luke has been represented by –
- Unmanageable Artists B.V.
- The Media Nanny
- Syndicate the Agency
- Paradigm Talent Agency
Electro House, Dance, House, Progressive House, Dutch House, Techno
Keyboard, Software (FL Studio, Ableton Live)
Mixmash Records, Spinnin’ Records, Ultra Music, Dim Mak Records
His net worth has been $10 Million accoridng to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Laidback Luke has dated –
- Gina Turner (2012-2017) – While on his maiden voyage of Holy Ship!, Luke announced that he had gotten engaged to DJ Gina Turner. In October 2012, they got married in a lavish ceremony held at The View, Piermont, in New York. She gave birth to a daughter, Evalina in 2014. They even collaborated on a musical project called Nouveau Yorican. In May 2017, she took to her Facebook account to reveal that they had decided to end their marriage. However, she insisted that they remained on good terms and would raise their daughter together.
- He was previously married to another woman. During the course of their marriage, his former wife gave birth to two sons.
- Ashley Noel (2017-Present) – In the last months of 2017, Luke started going out with singer Ashley Noel. He posted a number of pictures of them together on his Instagram account in the following months. However, he didn’t issue a public confirmation until January 2018 affirming that they were indeed a couple.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
On his father’s side, he has Dutch ancestry and on his mother’s side, he is of Filipino descent.
In 2017, Laidback Luke was announced as the brand ambassador of Denon DJ.
Best Known For
- Having performed at a series of high-profile events in Europe, Japan, Ibiza, as well as North America
- Having collaborated with popular artists such as David Guetta, Steve Aoki, Afrojack, and Lil Jon
In 2002, he released his debut studio album, Electronic Satisfaction.
Luke is very much committed to the intense workout regime that he believes keeps him going in his professional commitments. He is a big fan of kung fu training and has managed to even earn a black belt in it.
However, kung fu isn’t the only workout discipline that he relies on to keep his body in shape.
When it comes to workouts, he mostly goes for bodyweight exercises. He also doesn’t mind going for weightlifting training once in a while.
While he is traveling, he works out in his room and if he gets some time, he doesn’t mind hitting the hotel gym.
Along with martial arts training and other workouts, he has also made running an important part of his fitness routine. However, he never runs for more than 20 minutes. And, he prefers to run on the treadmill over outdoor runs because that allows him to see statistics and set certain goals as well.
Laidback Luke Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Fries, Chocolate
- Place To Be – Home
- Workout Tunes – Fcukin’ Beats by Laidback Luke and Twoloud, Venture by Mark Villa, Move to the Sound by Afrojack & Laidback Luke Ft. Hawkboy, Dominator by Armin Van Buuren VS Human Resource
- Starbucks Drink – Iced Grande Chai Tea Latte
- Food – Sushi, Sashimi
- Scary Movie – A Nightmare on Elm Street
- People To Collaborate With – Diplo, Steve Aoki, Devid Guetta
- Track Of 2013 – “Flute” by New World Sound and Thomas Newson
- Plug-in – The Ableton Reverb, EQ 8
- Summer Festival – Tomorrowland
- Super Hero – Spiderman, Wolverine
- Song From “Focus” – Don’t Hesitate
Laidback Luke Facts
- Before he found success as a DJ, he found fame as a graffiti artist in the Netherlands.
- Almost everyone in his family could play a musical instrument. When he learned that he could play music using a computer, he decided it was a perfect opportunity to complete the family tradition.
- Apart from being a DJ, Luke can also play the piano.
- Although he was born in Manila, he spent the majority of his childhood in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
- In 2013, Luke won 4 gold medals as well as a silver medal at the World Championships of Kung Fu in Hong Kong.
- He was featured in the documentary, I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead, which was based on DJ Steve Aoki’s life and went on to win a Grammy Nomination.
Featured Image by Amnesia Ibiza / Flickr / CC BY-2.5