|Armin van Buuren Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1976|
|Girlfriend||Erika van Thiel|
Armin van Buuren, the Grammy-nominated DJ from South Holland, produces trance music. With the single “This Is What It Feels Like”, he became the 4th trance music artist ever to get Grammy nomination. DJ Mag placed him at #1 spot for the best DJ for a consecutive 4 years.
His radio show “A State of Trance radio show”, which he started hosting in 2001, helped him to become famous and inculcate interest regarding trance music in people. He reached to over 84 countries with this radio show.
Armin Jozef Jacobus Daniël van Buuren
Armin completed his graduation from the Stedelijk Gymnasium Leiden in 1995 and to have a backup plan, he decided to pursue law at Leiden University.
His music career took the pace, and he was unable to concentrate full time on his academics, so he decided to put his career as a lawyer at bay in order to focus on his music career fulltime. He finally finished his masters in law in 2003, after stretching the last year of his course.
DJ, Record Producer, Remixer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Eller van Buuren (Younger Brother) (Guitarist)
Armin van Buuren is managed by –
- Armada Music
- David Lewis Productions
Uplifting Trance, Trance, Progressive Trance, House, Progressive House, Electro House
Synthesizer, Drum Machine
- Armada Music
- Revealed Recordings
- A State of Trance
- Vandit Records
- Ministry of Sound
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Armin van Buuren has dated –
- Erika van Thiel (2001-Present) – Armin married his longtime girlfriend Erika on September 18, 2009. The couple has 2 children together – daughter Fenna (b. July 2011) and son Remy (b. July 27, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Dutch ancestry.
Armin Van Buuren has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Dutch Radio 538
- Godskitchen Lviv
Best Known For
- Being the undisputed king of trance and one of the most respected and highest paid DJs in the scene.
- Hosting the weekly radio show called A State of Trance which broadcasts over 100 radio stations and has more than 37 million listeners on a weekly basis.
Armin released his debut studio album titled 76 in June 2003. The album consisted of 13 tracks with a total play time of 76 minutes.
In 2013, Armin made his theatrical film debut as himself in the romantic comedy, Verliefd op Ibiza.
First TV Show
Armin made his television show debut on the talk show Pauw & Witteman in 2006.
Due to his hectic work schedule, Armin finds it difficult to work out. However, he maintains a healthy diet and to avoid a jet lag, he avoids sleeping during the day. He also manages to get ample sleep and maintains a well-rounded diet.
Armin van Buuren Favorite Things
- EDM Producer – Ørjan Nilsen, Mark Sixma, MaRLo, Vini Vici, Andrew Rayel Axwell, Kryder
- Festival For Playing – Tomorrowland, Electric Daisy Carnival, Ultra Music Festival
- Musical Group – The Orb
- Tracks – Spanish Castles In Space, Supernova at the End of the Universe, Sarah McLachlan – Fallen (Gabriel & Dresden Anti-Gravity Mix)
Armin van Buuren Facts
- He started composing music at the age of 14.
- He considers working in office monotonous and his worst nightmare.
- Armin has revealed that he is often confused with Armand Van Helden.
- He always makes it a point to spend time with his family on his birthday.
- He co-founded one of the world’s foremost record labels, Armada Music, alongside Maykel Piron and David Lewis.
- Visit his official website @ arminvanbuuren.com.
- Follow Armin on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Floor-is / Flickr / CC BY-3.0