|Gippy Grewal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gippy Grewal is an Indian actor, singer, songwriter, film director, dancer, and producer who has worked mainly in the Punjabi and Hindi entertainment industries. His discography consists of multiple albums and tracks such as Angreji Beat, My Time To Shine, Aaja Wey Mitra, Akh Larh Gayi, Chakk Ley, Mele Mittaran De, Desi Rockstar, Im Here, The Main Man, Chandi De Challe, Gabru, Nach Nach, Jado Nachdi Ae Tu, Bandook, and Car Nachdi (ft. Bohemia). Moreover, Gippy Grewal has also been cast in various films including Carry On Jatta, Mel Karade Rabba, Jihne Mera Dil Luteya, Mirza: The Untold Story, Singh vs Kaur, Lucky Di Unlucky Story, Best of Luck, Jatt James Bond, Bhaji in Problem, Second Hand Husband, Double Di Trouble, Faraar, Kaptaan, Lock, Ardaas, Manje Bistre, Lucknow Central, Subedar Joginder Singh, Mar Gaye Oye Loko, Carry on Jatta 2, Paani Ch Madhaani, Daaka, Chandigarh Amritsar Chandigarh, Warning, Ardaas Karaan, and Shava Ni Girdhari Lal.
Rupinder Singh Grewal
Desi Rockstar, Gippy Grewal
Koom Kalan, Ludhiana district, Punjab, India
He divides his time between –
- Punjab, India
- British Columbia, Canada
Gippy Grewal went to the Nankana Sahib Public School, Kot Gangu Rai. After the completion of his school education, he got enrolled at the North India Institute of Hotel Management, Panchkula. He graduated with a degree in hotel management.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Director, Producer
- Father – Late Santokh Singh
- Mother – Kulwant Kaur
- Siblings – Sippy Grewal (Older Brother) (Movie Producer)
Panjabi, Bhangra, Romantic, Pop, Sikh
- Speed Records
- Moviebox Records
- Saga Music
- Panj-aab Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gippy Grewal has dated –
- Ravneet Kaur Grewal – Gippy is married to Ravneet Kaur Grewal. Ravneet has been with him before he became a superstar. They were married when he was living in Canada and making ends meet by working as a security guard. Ravneet was working at the Subway store. They have three sons – Ekomkar Singh Grewal, Gurfateh Singh Grewal, and Gurbaaz Grewal.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
- Slim body frame
- A beauty mark on the left side of the chin
- In September 2013, Gippy Grewal was signed up as the brand ambassador for Videocon Mobile Services, which was later renamed Videocon Telecom.
- He has also served as the brand ambassador of Live India Trading. However, his association with the company got him into trouble as the company was accused of defrauding its investors.
Best Known For
- Being cast in one of the important roles in the action thriller movie, Lucknow Central, starring Farhan Akhtar
- Being cast in the leading role in several popular Punjabi movies such as Jihne Mera Dil Luteya, Carry on Jatta, Lucky Di Unlucky Story, and Bhaji in Problem
- Having released several chart-topping singles such as Ghat Boldi, Angreji Beat, Hello Hello, Gabru, and Party Like A Punjabi
- Having collaborated with established music artists such as Yo Yo Honey Singh, Bohemia, Dr. Zeus, and Manj Musik
In 2002, he released his debut studio album, Chakk Ley.
In 2010, he made his theatrical film debut in the leading role in the action drama movie, Mel Karade Rabba, which had Jimmy Shergill and Neeru Bajwa as the other leads.
In 2015, he made his Bollywood debut in Dharam Sankat Mein.
First TV Show
Gippy Grewal has appeared in several TV shows such as PTC Star Live, PTC Showcase, Tashan da Peg, and Comedy Nights with Kapil.
However, he doesn’t only rely on regular gym workouts for his fitness needs. On alternate days, he also indulges in kickboxing and boxing workouts. His workouts usually last about one and a half hours. He makes sure that he sticks to his workouts, even when he is traveling.
He supplements his workout routine by making sure that he is eating right and healthy. Gippy usually breaks his daily dietary intake into smaller meals. He especially focuses on eating a lot of protein, due to which he eats eggs, fish, and oatmeal.
His daily diet is as follows –
- Breakfast – He usually starts his day with a glass of fresh juice. Next, he eats egg whites, 10 almonds, and toast with butter. Once in a while, he allows himself the liberty of having paranthas for breakfast.
- Lunch – Wheat flour chapatis, Yellow pulses, and curd. Every alternate day, he has spinach in his lunch.
- Snacks – Apple or a salad
Gippy Grewal Favorite Things
- Punjabi Dish – Yellow Dal, Bhindi
- Punjabi Slang – Kiddan? and Hor Pher?
- Dance Song – Angrezi beat
- Holiday Destination – Hawaii
- Singers – Kuldeep Manak, Amar Singh Chamkila
Source – Hindustan Times, I Am Punjaabi
Gippy Grewal Facts
- After completing his hotel management studies, he worked as a waiter in Delhi for some time. He was paid INR 6500 for his work.
- As a part of his preparation for the role of Subedar Joginder Singh, he had to gain weight to 92 kg at one point.
- He has established his own production house, which he has named after his younger son, Gurfateh Singh.
- He co-starred as Jass (an orphan guy living on rent in the house of Advocate Dhillon and his son Goldie Dhillon) in the 2018 Punjabi comedy film Carry on Jatta 2. This role won him the PTC Punjabi Film Award and Brit Asia Award in the “Best Actor” category.
- Alongside Aditi Sharma, Guggu Gill, Kulwinder Billa, Karamjit Anmol, Loveleen Kaur Sasan, Rajvir Jawanda, and Sardar Sohi, he co-starred playing the titular role in the 2018 Punjabi-language biographical war film Subedar Joginder Singh. The film is based on the life of Joginder Singh who was an Indian soldier who was killed in the 1962 Sino-Indian War and posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra.
- Released in 2023, Gippy’s movie Carry on Jatta 3 became the first Punjabi film to cross INR 100 crore in gross collection.
- In November 2023, a firing incident (for which gangster Lawrence Bishnoi took responsibility) happened at Gippy’s Vancouver, Canada-based home in the morning time.
- Visit his official website @ gippygrewal.com.
Featured Image by Gippy Grewal / Instagram