Rupinder Singh Grewal
Koom Kalan, Ludhiana district, Punjab, India
Gippy Grewal went to the Nankana Sahib Public School, Kot Gangu Rai. After the completion of his school education, he got enrolled at the North India Institute of Hotel Management, Panchkula. He graduated with a degree in hotel management.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Director
- Father – Late Santokh Singh
- Mother – Kulwant Kaur
- Siblings – Sippy Grewal (Older Brother) (Movie Producer)
Panjabi, Bhangra, Romantic, Pop, Sikh
- Speed Records
- Moviebox Records
- Saga Music
- Panj-aab Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gippy Grewal has dated –
- Ravneet Kaur Grewal – Gippy is married to Ravneet Kaur Grewal. Although the exact date of their wedding isn’t known, Ravneet has been with him before he became a superstar. They were married when he was living in Canada and making ends meet by working as a security guard. Ravneet was working at the Subway store. They have two sons – Ekomkar Singh Grewal and Gurfateh Singh Grewal.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
- Slim body frame
- Beauty mark on the left side of the chin
- In September 2013, Gippy Grewal was signed up as the brand ambassador for Videocon Mobile Services, which was later renamed as Videocon Telecom.
- He has also served as the brand ambassador of Live India Trading. However, his association with the company got him into trouble as the company was accused of defrauding its investors.
Best Known For
- Being cast in one of the important roles in the Farhan Akhtar starrer action thriller movie, Lucknow Central.
- Being cast in the leading role in several popular Punjabi movies such as Jihne Mera Dil Luteya, Carry on Jatta, Lucky Di Unlucky Story, and Bhaji in Problem.
- Having released several chart-topping singles such as Ghat Boldi, Angreji Beat, Hello Hello, Gabru, and Party Like A Punjabi.
- Having collaborated with established music artists such as Yo Yo Honey Singh, Bohemia, Dr. Zeus, and Manj Musik.
In 2002, he released his debut studio album, Chakk Ley.
In 2010, he made his theatrical film debut in the leading role in the action drama movie, Mel Karade Rabba, which had Jimmy Shergill and Neeru Bajwa as the other leads.
In 2015, he made his Bollywood debut in Dharam Sankat Mein.
First TV Show
Gippy Grewal has appeared in several TV shows such as PTC Star Live, PTC Showcase, Tashan da Peg, and Comedy Nights with Kapil.
However, he doesn’t only rely on regular gym workouts for his fitness needs. On the alternate days, he also indulges in kickboxing and boxing workouts. His workouts usually last about one and a half hours. He makes sure that he sticks to his workouts, even when he is traveling.
He supplements his workout routine by making sure that he is eating right and healthy. Gippy usually breaks his daily dietary intake into smaller meals. He especially focuses on eating a lot of protein, due to which he eats eggs, fish, and oatmeal.
His daily diet is as follows –
- Breakfast – He usually starts his day with a glass of fresh juice. Next, he eats egg whites, 10 almonds, and a toast with butter. Once in a while, he allows himself the liberty of having paranthas for breakfast.
- Lunch – Wheat flour chapatis, Yellow pulses, and curd. Every alternate day, he has spinach in his lunch.
- Snacks – Apple or a salad
Gippy Grewal Favorite Things
- Punjabi Dish – Yellow Dal, Bhindi
- Punjabi Slang – Kiddan? and Hor Pher?
- Dance Song – Angrezi beat
- Holiday Destination – Hawaii
- Singers – Kuldeep Manak, Amar Singh Chamkila
Source – Hindustan Times, I Am Punjaabi
Gippy Grewal Facts
- After completing his hotel management studies, he worked as a waiter in Delhi for some time. He was paid INR 6500 for his work.
- As a part of his preparation for the role of Subedar Joginder Singh, he had to gain weight to 92 kg at one point.
- He has established his own production house, which he has named after his younger son, Gurfateh Singh.
- Visit his official website @ gippygrewal.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Gippy Grewal / Instagram