|Manj Musik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1985|
Manj Musik is a singer known for being the former member of the Punjabi music group, RDB. He has released several hit singles like Desi Hip Hop, Billo Hai, and Drunk On You. Manj has collaborated with famous artists like Raftaar, Guru Randhawa, A Kay, and Ammy Virk for songs such as Fukra Flow, Party Like A Punjabi, and Gangster Look.
Manjeet Singh Ral
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
Information about his formal education isn’t available.
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Surjeet Singh Ral (Older Brother) (Singer, Music Producer), Kuldeep Singh Ral (Older Brother) (Singer, Music Producer) (Passed away in May 2012 after a lengthy battle with cancer)
Manj Musik is represented by his own management team.
Filmi, Desi hip-hop, Bhangra, World, Pop, Urban
- Muzik ONE Records
- Zee Music Company
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manj Musik has dated –
- Nindy Kaur (1999-Present) – Manj got married to musician and singer Nindy Kaur in 1999. She often used to perform with RDB and was the lead female vocalist in their popular singles. Manj has often credited his wife for his success. He has revealed that she used to do 3 jobs so as to give Manj the financial freedom to focus on his music work. Manj and Nindy are the parents of Anoop.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
- His unique turban style
- Often wears shades
Manj Musik hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being the former member of the Punjabi music group, RDB, which is considered as a pioneer of the Bhangra and western music fusion. Their single Aaja Mahi was a huge hit and was eventually recomposed for the Akshay Kumar starrer Singh is Bliing.
- Having collaborated with Punjabi star Guru Randhawa for his hit song, High Rated Gabru.
- Having worked with popular music artists such as Gippy Grewal, Ammy Virk, and Raftaar.
As a Singer
After having performed with RDB for more than a decade, Manj launched his solo career in 2014. In August 2014, he released his first solo single, Goli in which he collaborated with Raftaar.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
Manj Musik hasn’t made an appearance on any TV show till date.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Manj Musik Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Manj Musik Facts
- In 2000, he collaborated with his older brothers Kuly and Surj to start their music group, RDB.
- After Kuldeep Ral passed away, Manj and Surj were caught up in a legal battle over RDB’s intellectual property and brand name. Manj had claimed that Surj hadn’t contributed towards the success of RDB and he was only brought in when Kuldeep was pursuing his master’s degree.
- Before he began his professional music career, he used to sing in Gurudwaras with his father and his brothers.
- In 2014, he established his Mumbai-based record label Muzik One Records. His close friend, Raftaar is one of the artists signed up with his label.
- He got an opportunity to work with Akshay Kumar after he got a call from his friend, who told him that Akshay wanted to talk to him. Manj thought it was a prank and told him that Shahrukh Khan had only called him yesterday.
- He has done extensive activism work for the animal rights group, PETA. He has even done promotional work for the non-profit group as well.
- Visit his official website @ manjmusik.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Manj Musik / Instagram