|Dongwoo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dongwoo is a South Korean rapper, singer, songwriter, musician, dancer, actor, voice actor, and theatre artist known as a member of the South Korean boy band Infinite. Formed in 2010 by Woollim Entertainment, the group’s discography consists of multiple albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Over the Top, Koi ni Ochiru Toki, Season 2, Top Seed, For You, Paradise, Destiny, Be Back, Inspirit, First Invasion, Reality, Evolution, New Challenge, Infinitize, Infinite Only, BTD (Before the Dawn), Voice Of My Heart, Be Mine, Nothing’s Over, She’s Back, The Chaser, Only Tears, Man in Love, Last Romeo, That Summer (The Second Story), and Can’t Get Over You. As a solo artist, Dongwoo has released extended plays and songs like News, GUN, TGIF, Bye, I AM, ROMEO, Party Girl, Something Between, and PERFECT.
Dongwoo, Dinosaur, Monkey Boy, Mother of Infinite, Smile Man
Guri, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Dongwoo attended Daekyung University and graduated from the university’s Practical Music program on February 15, 2013. Along with his Infinite bandmates Sungkyu, Hoya, Sungyeol, and L, he was awarded the ‘Proud Daekyung University Student Award’ in the hope that the group would continue to grow and bring prestige to the school.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Dancer, Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – He died from a chronic illness on September 2, 2016.
- Siblings – Jang Kkotip (Younger Sister). He also has a 3-year older sister.
Dongwoo has been signed with Big Boss Entertainment.
K-pop, Dance-pop, Electronic, Hip Hop
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Dongwoo is of Korean descent.
Dongwoo Favorite Things
- Colors – Green, Gold, White
- His family has an octopus restaurant.
- He learned dancing from his sister.
- Dongwoo previously trained under JYP Entertainment.
- In 2010, he debuted as a member of the South Korean boy group Infinite.
- Infinite released its first studio album Over the Top on July 21, 2011, and it included songs like Amazing, Julia, Real Story, Tic Toc, and others.
- Dongwoo debuted as a member of Infinite H (a sub-unit of Infinite) in September 2012. The other member of the sub-unit was Infinite‘s former member Hoya.
- Infinite H‘s discography included extended plays and tracks like Fly High, Fly Again, Pretty, Victorious Way, and Special Girl (ft. Bumkey).
- On January 11, 2013, Infinite H released its debut extended play Fly High and it peaked at #5 on the South Korea Weekly Album Chart (Gaon) chart, at #8 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, and at #23 on the South Korea Yearly Album Chart (Gaon) chart.
- The group Infinite released its 3rd studio album Top Seed on January 8, 2018, and it peaked at #1 on the South Korean Weekly Albums (Gaon) chart, at #4 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, and at #17 on the Japan Weekly Albums (Oricon) chart.
- On March 4, 2019, Dongwoo released his solo extended play titled Bye through Woollim Entertainment and Kakao M and it peaked at #7 on the Gaon Music Chart.
- He enlisted for his mandatory military service on April 15, 2019, and served as an active-duty soldier. He was discharged on November 15, 2020.
- Dongwoo’s contract with Woollim Entertainment expired on March 31, 2021, and he subsequently signed an exclusive contract with Big Boss Entertainment on October 1, 2021.
- He has been cast in many musicals including In the Heights, Altar Boyz, Dream High, Iron Mask, Yeodo, and Another oh Haeyoung.
- He is scared of bleeding.
- If he weren’t a celebrity, Dongwoo would have become a Chinese herbal medicine doctor.
- He loves lemons and could eat a whole lemon without any problem.
Featured Image by NewsInStar / YouTube / CC BY 3.0