|Hoya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hoya is a South Korean singer, rapper, songwriter, musician, dancer, actor, performer, theatre artist, and television personality known as a former member of the South Korean boy band Infinite. Formed in 2010 by Woollim Entertainment, the group’s discography consists of multiple albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Over the Top, Koi ni Ochiru Toki, Season 2, Top Seed, For You, Paradise, Destiny, Be Back, Inspirit, First Invasion, Reality, Evolution, New Challenge, Infinitize, Infinite Only, BTD (Before the Dawn), Voice Of My Heart, Be Mine, She’s Back, The Chaser, Man in Love, Last Romeo, and Can’t Get Over You. Hoya left the group in 2017 and his discography as a solo artist includes albums, extended plays, and songs like Shower, Pretending I’m Okay, Angel, 1AM, All Eyes On Me, Baby U, Stay With Me, and May I Love You. In addition to that, Hoya has also been a part of many shows and movies including Urban Myths, Hiya, Hit the Stage, Reply 1997, My Lovely Girl, Birth, Mask, Reply 1994, Radiant Office, Two Cops, Devilish Charm, Strong Family 2017, Street Man Fighter, and Dancing High.
Hoya, Lee Ho-won, Hogod, Hobaby, Dance Machine, Multi-Player, HoBaby
Busan, South Korea
Hoya dropped out of high school during his first year to pursue his passion for music and later took the high school qualification exam and passed. Afterward, he got enrolled at Daekyeung University and majored in Applied Music.
Along with his former Infinite bandmates L, Sungkyu, Sungyeol, and Dongwoo, he was awarded the ‘Proud Daekyung University Student Award’ in the hope that the group would continue to grow and bring prestige to the school.
Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Musician, Dancer, Actor, Performer, Theatre Artist, Television Personality
- Siblings – Ho-jae (Older Brother), Ho-jun (Younger Brother)
Hoya has been signed with Initial Entertainment.
K-pop, Dance-pop, Hip Hop, R&B
Woollim Entertainment, Glorious, Illusion Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Hoya is of Korean descemt.
- When he dropped out of high school, his father was against that decision and Hoya had to leave home. However, his father later accepted his decision and has been supportive of his son.
- Hoya previously trained under JYP Entertainment.
- Infinite released its first studio album Over the Top on July 21, 2011, and it included songs like Amazing, Julia, Real Story, Tic Toc, and others.
- Hoya announced on March 10, 2014, that his real birth name was “Lee Ho-dong” not “Ho-won” as he had previously told the public. He stated that he changed it in order not to share a name with comedian Kang Hodong.
- Alongside Ahn Bo-hyun, Kang Sung-mi, and Park Chul-min, Hoya co-starred as Lee Jin-ho in the 2016 film Hiya. This role won him the award for “Best New Actor” at the 36th Golden Cinema Festival.
- In 2017, he brought to life the character of Jang Kang-ho (a 28-year-old man who comes from a wealthy family in Gangnam) in the workplace romantic comedy-drama television series Radiant Office and this performance got him nominated for an MBC Drama Award in the “Best New Actor” category.
- Hoya played Sung Ki-joon (Ma-seong’s younger cousin who is an entertainer) in the 2018 romantic comedy television series Devilish Charm.
- On February 7, 2019, he enlisted for his mandatory military service. He announced it through a post 2 days before the date and was discharged on December 6, 2020.
- He was cast as Choong-jae in the 2022 anthology horror film Urban Myths.
- He has been a hip-hop/street dancer.
- Hoya’s theatre credits include having been cast as Baek Jae-hee in Hourglass from 2017 to 2018 and as Won Ryu-hwan in Secretly, Greatly: THE LAST in 2022.
Featured Image by How to Love / Tistory / CC BY 4.0