|Kim Myung-soo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Myung-soo is a South Korean singer, actor, and model who started his career in the entertainment industry in 2010 as a vocalist for a boy band called Infinite which was formed by Woollim Entertainment, a South Korean entertainment company. He has also been a part of the band’s sub-group called Infinite F. He released his debut solo studio album titled Memory in February 2021 which peaked at number 5 on the Circle Chart (previously known as the Gaon Music Chart) that tabulates the relative weekly popularity of songs and albums in South Korea. Kim has also published several popular non-album singles. Besides his music career, he has acted in numerous TV series such as Flower Band (2012), Master’s Sun (2013), My Lovely Girl (2014), One More Time (2016), The Emperor: Owner of the Mask (2017), Angel’s Last Mission: Love (2019), and Royal Secret Agent (2020-2021).
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Kim had attended the Duksoo High School in his hometown of Seoul. After his high school graduation, he joined Daekyeung University in Gyeongsan, South Korea. He graduated from there in February 2013, majoring in practical music.
Singer, Actor, Model
- Siblings – Kim Moon-soo (Younger Brother)
- Management 2sang
- Universal Music Group
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
- Lanky frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Clean-shaven look
Kim Myung-soo Facts
- Kim was very clear about pursuing a career in the entertainment industry from a very young age. In his final days as a high school student, he began auditioning at entertainment companies and media agencies.
- He was eventually selected as the first member of an idol (a celebrity working in the K-Pop musical genre in South Korea, either as a member of a group or as a solo act) group called Infinite.
- In May 2013, Kim released a photo essay book titled L’s Bravo Viewtiful. It was a compilation of pictures that he had clicked on a 93-day journey that he had recently undertaken. It became a best-seller and reached the number 1 position in pre-orders on several online bookstores after which he published a sequel titled L’s Bravo Viewtiful Part. 2 – also in 2013.
- He was enlisted in the South Korean military on February 22, 2021, as conscription in South Korea (which has existed since 1957) requires its male citizens to perform compulsory military service. He was relieved from his service on August 21, 2022.
- Kim had served as a member of the Republic of Korea Marine Corps, the marine corps of South Korea. Marines (naval infantry) are typically a military force trained to operate in a littoral zone (the part of a sea, lake, or river that is close to the shore) in support of naval operations.
- On February 3, 2021, just before his enlistment, he released his debut solo studio album titled Memory. On February 20, 2021, just a couple of days before the enlistment, Kim also held an online fan meeting. During his military enlistment, in September 2021, it was announced that he would make his musical theatre debut through a military musical titled Meisa’s Song.
Featured Image by Kim Myung-soo / Instagram