|Mark Benton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1965|
Mark Benton is a British actor who fine-tuned his acting entertaining skills at RADA, the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, where vocational training is offered for actors, stage managers, designers, and technical stagecraft specialists. He has been entertaining audiences professionally since 1991, on the big screen, TV, radio, and on the stage.
In 2013, he competed in the BBC One talent show Strictly Come Dancing and exited on the 10th week after losing the public vote. He is involved in charitable acts, serves as a patron of Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice that provides palliative, and respite care for babies and children who are sick.
Guisborough, Cleveland, England, United Kingdom
Mark Benton attended Sarah Metcalf School in Eaton, Middlesbrough and Stockton Billingham Technical College. He later got enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1986.
Actor, Television Presenter, Voice Actor
- Father – Tommy Benton (Long Distance Truck Driver)
- Siblings – Ian Benton (Brother), Dawn (Sister)
- Others – Michael Gunn (Uncle) (Actor)
Mark Benton is managed by Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, Haymarket, London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Benton has dated –
- Sarah Gardner (2002-Present) – Mark Benton married Sarah Gardner in 2002. They have 3 children together – Archie, Gracie, and Fig.
Race / Ethnicity
Mark Benton has endorsed brands like –
- Nationwide Building Society
- Nestle Aero Chocolate Bars
- Middlesbrough Football Club
Best Known For
- Acting in movies and TV shows like Early Doors, The Second Coming, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Waterloo Road, Hughie Green, Most Sincerely, among others
- Appearing on radio dramas such as Mr. Blue Sky
Mark Benton made his feature film debut playing the role of a barman in the 1994 film There’s No Business.
First TV Show
Mark Benton made his TV show debut playing the character of Charlie Hardiman on Boon in 1991.
Mark Benton Favorite Things
- Football Team – Middlesbrough F.C.
Source – Wikipedia
Mark Benton Facts
- He was brought up in the Grangetown area of Middlesbrough.
- He has acted in the amateur shows with Middlesbrough Youth Theatre.
- Mark is a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company and one of his early acting experiences was in the plays, Atmos Fear and Twist.
- In 2007, he and Robson Green were interested to play Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy in a film called Anything For Laughs that was still only in script form. In reference to the role, Robson was quoted in the Daily Express newspaper, saying, ‘Mark and I are similar to Laurel and Hardy and we’re also great fans’.
- In 2005, Mark performed as the character Ellis in the audio CD drama, Doctor Who: Invaders From Mars.
- He acted as himself on the documentary The Heart of a Volunteer in 2011. The documentary is about a group of volunteers in the Livingston Parish District Four who are tracked as they progress from a shack to an officially attested fire district.
- He was also in the TV series documentary Doctor Who Confidential in 2006 that looks behind the scenes of the making of the series, with the cast, directors, and crew.
- Mark has acted in a documentary series titled Drama Trails in 2008.
- In 2013, he participated in the Strictly Come Dancing show where his partner was Iveta Lukosiute, a world dancing champion. Viewers also got to see footage from the rehearsal rooms and exclusive surreptitious gossip.
- He has been a guest on the TV series Tipping Point: Lucky Stars in 2017, a show where 4 contestants compete on the game show to win up to 10,000 pounds by inserting counters into a supersized jackpot machine.
- Mark Benton was a presenter on the TV series The Edge in 2015. This British quiz show pits 4 contenders against each other, who must display mental dexterity, for a chance to win a cash prize.
- He participated on the comedy game show, Shooting Stars in 2011.
- He voiced several characters on the rock band, Gandalf’s Fist’s 2016 album The Clockwork Fable.
- Mark Benton received a nomination for the 2019 CinEuphoria Award in the category of the “Best Ensemble – International Competition” for the 2017 movie Anna and the Apocalypse, which he shared with the cast.
- In 2017, he appeared in the film, Anna and the Apocalypse as Anna’s dad.
- He performed at the Lyric Theatre in Hammersmith, London in 1992, on a production of William Shakespeare’s play, As You Like It.
- Mark has done the voice over for the prime time health series Street Doctor.
- He played the character of a dad in the movie The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which has received 12 nominations and won 3 awards.
- He starred as Frank Hathaway in the daytime comedy-drama Shakespeare and Hathaway – Private Investigators. His character Frank is an ex-detective inspector turned private investigator wallowing in serious debt.
- He is known for the line ‘Brand New Customers Only’ in the Nationwide Building Society advertisement.
- He was featured in a Middlesbrough F.C. advert on their website in an effort to get fans to renew their tickets for the season.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Mark Benton / Twitter
there is no way someone that portly at 5 11 is under 200 lb –he looks closer to 350 lb
Who cares? I love Shakespeare & Hathaway! I don’t worry about how people look; there are more important things to consider like if they are a b*tth*le…