|Marco Ilsø Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1994|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Marco Ilsø is a Danish actor and former footballer who came into prominence at the age of 14 after appearing as the protagonist Mikkel Johansen in 24 episodes of the Danish TV advent calendar series titled Mikkel og guldkortet that began to air in 2008. He has starred in several other programs on the small screen such as the History Channel series Vikings in which he has been portraying the role of Hvitserk since season 4 in 2016. Marco has also performed in a number of films including Rebounce (2011) where he played the part of Niclas and Department Q: The Absent One (2014) in which he essayed the character of young Ditlev som ung. He was formerly an official football player on the Danish football club called Boldklubben af 1893.
Actor, Former footballer
- Father – Finn Ilsø
- Mother – Else Ilsø Larsen
- Siblings – Nick (Older Brother), Ken (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
He is represented by Lindberg Management.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Danish descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Mole beside his nose
- Sharp features
- Cheerful smile
- Tall stature
Marco Ilsø Favorite Things
- Hobby – Horse-riding having been unable to stay away from his horses for too long
Source – Glamour Fame
Marco Ilsø Facts
- Before gaining stardom as an actor, he was pursuing a professional soccer career in Denmark and had played for the youth program called Karlslunde IF. He began playing football when he was a child.
- Marco has revealed that he had very little knowledge about and experience in acting when he first landed his acting job. He went on to add that when he auditioned for the first time, he had no skills whatsoever and so he was literally reading the script lines as if he was reading aloud a newspaper. However, the directors had liked him and his self-taught acting style, which he has affirmed, was not really acting but simply saying the sentences in the manner he would, in real life. He further explained that he had no idea what it was like to be an actor, what it would be like to perform and create a character out of a few lines from a script. However, he soon learned some things and saw how the businesses ran, and began to figure out exactly what kind of people he was going to meet. His caretaker on the set had advised him to always stay true to himself and to never put others down in order to gain an advantage.
- Contrary to his fierce on-screen image, he has admitted to being scared of interviews, in reality, having understood fully well that he needs to stop being so afraid and instead step up his game. He has disclosed to have been terrible at the task as he has lacked the conviction while on an interview. It has troubled him, even more, when his other castmates have done exceedingly well on the conferences.
Featured Image by Marco Ilsø / Instagram