|Farhan Akhtar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Farhan Akhtar is an Indian actor, playback singer, producer, director, screenwriter, and television host who is best known for portraying roles such as Sardar Milkha Singh in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Imran Qureshi in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, and Aditya Shroff in Rock On. He has also appeared in a variety of other films such as Karthik Calling Karthik, Shaadi Ke Side Effects, Wazir, The Sky Is Pink, and Toofaan. Farhan has won numerous awards such as National Film Awards, IIFA Awards, Zee Cine Awards, Screen Awards, Stardust Awards, and Vogue Beauty Awards.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Farhan attended Maneckji Cooper School in Mumbai. He then enrolled himself in the HR College, Mumbai to study commerce. But, due to lack of sufficient attendance, he was dismissed in the second year.
Actor, director, producer, screenwriter, singer
- Father – Javed Akhtar (Screenwriter)
- Mother – Honey Irani (Screenwriter)
- Siblings – Zoya Akhtar (Elder Sister) (Film Director), Farah Khan (Cousin) (Film Director, Actress, and Choreographer), Sajid Khan (Cousin) (Film Director, Actor, TV Host)
- Others – Shabana Azmi (Step-mother) (Actress), Jan Nisar Akhtar (Grandfather) (Poet, Lyricist)
Bling! Entertainment Solutions manages the endorsement deals of Farhan Akhtar.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Farhan Akhtar has dated –
- Suman Ranganathan
- Adhuna Bhabani (2000-2016) – Farhan was married to Adhuna Bhabani from 2000 to 2016. They tied the knot in 2000 after they both dated for about three years. The couple has 2 children Shakya and Akira. The couple called it quits on January 21, 2016, and ended their 16-year long marriage.
- Aditi Rao Hydari (2015) – During the filming of Wazir (2016), the co-stars Aditi Rao Hydari and Farhan RUMORed to have come closer. It was reported that Aditi was the reason behind Farhan and Adhuna’s divorce.
- Shibani Dandekar (2018-Present) – Since 2018, Akhtar is in a steady relationship with model and anchor Shibani Dandekar, whose claim to fame has been hosting the IPL season which she did from 2011 to 2015. In early February 2022, it was claimed by Javed Akhtar that the duo was planning to get married on February 21, 2022. The couple tied the knot on February 19, 2022, at a farmhouse in Khandala.
Race / Ethnicity
- Stunning visuals
- Versatile actor
- Often works with producer and a friend Ritesh Sidhwani. Now, he owns a production company Excel Entertainment with Sidhwani.
Farhan Akhtar’s body specifications may be –
- Waist – 32 inch
- Arms / Biceps – 15 inch
- Chest – 41 inch
He brought nice curves and shape to his body for the 2013 movie “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag,” but decided not to keep that body any further.
He has endorsed numerous brands such as Hindustan Unilever, Titan Xylys, United Spirits, OMRON, A. Lange & Söhne (German watch brand), Chivas Regal, Britannia Nutri Choice Biscuits, IndusInd Bank, Dulux Paint, and Crocin+2.
Best Known For
Acting in films like Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013) among others
He has not released an album yet. But, has sung songs as a playback singer for the movies like Rock On!! (2008), and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011).
The songs like “Socha Hai”, “Pichle Saat Dinon Mein”, “Rock On!!”, “Tum Ho Toh”, “Sinbad The Sailor”, “Toh Zinda Ho Tum”, “Señorita” from these movies are co-sung by him.
He debuted in acting with the 2008 Indian rock musical film Rock On!! for his role as Aditya Shroff.
As a director, his first film was Dil Chahta Hai, which also won National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi.
As a producer, his first film was Don released in 2006. Farhan was also the director of the film.
He made an athletic look via his film “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag”. Samir Jaura, the personal trainer of Farhan assisted him in all the possible ways. The exercise schedule went for 18 months in which he ate every 3 hours. Read the complete workout routine and diet plan.
Farhan Akhtar Favorite Things
- Genre – Action
Source – Times of India
Farhan Akhtar Facts
- His parents divorced when he was very young. His father Javed Akhtar then married actress Shabana Azmi in 1984.
- In the past, Farhan worked at an advertisement production house named Script Shop for almost 3 years.
- Farhan learned to drive a car at the age of 22.
- American actor-director, Robert De Niro is Farhan’s inspiration to enter Bollywood.
- He was 34 years old when he acted in his first film.
- Farhan is afraid of cockroaches.
- He owns a production company Excel Entertainment with Ritesh Sidhwani.
- He is one day older than Hrithik Roshan.
- Farhan is the UN Women’s Goodwill Ambassador.
- He was one of the nine judges in the 2002 Femina Miss India.
- Previously, he had launched a campaign called MARD (Men Against Rape and Discrimination).