Daniel Wroughton Craig
Chester, Cheshire, England
Daniel attended primary school in Frodsham, and later Holy Trinity Primary School in Hoylake. He somehow failed in eleven plus and so he went attended Hilbre High School in nearby West Kirby. At 16, he completed his secondary education. Post which, he joined Calday Grange Grammar School briefly as a sixth form student. He is an alumnus of the National Youth Theatre and graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
- Father – Timothy John Wroughton Craig (Was the landlord of the pubs “Ring o’ Bells” (in Frodsham) and the “Boot Inn” (Willington, Tarporley), and also served as a midshipman in the Merchant Navy)
- Mother – Carol Olivia (Was an Art Teacher)
- Siblings – Lea Craig (Older Sister), Harry Craig (Half Brother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Fiona Loudon (1991-1994) – Daniel married actress Fiona Loudon in 1992. The couple had a daughter, Ella. But, this relationship ended with a divorce in 1994.
- Heike Makatsch (1996-2004) – After the divorce, Craig was in a dating relationship with German actress, Heike Makatsch, which went 7 years long.
- Kate Moss (2004) – English supermodel dated briefly with Daniel from March 2004 until July 2004 which was confirmed by thefreelibrary.com.
- Satsuki Mitchell (2004-2010) – English film producer, Satsuki first met on the sets of “The Jacket” and from there they started dating from the summer of 2004 (July 2004) and engaged in 2007. The duo broke up in the spring of 2010 (May 2010).
- Sienna Miller (2005) – English actress, Miller first met Craig during the filming of the 2004 film “Layer Cake” and had a fling with each other.
- Rachel Weisz (December 2010-Present) – Though they had been friends for many years, but started dating in December 2010. They first met in 1992 in “Les Grandes Horizontales” and since then they know each other. They had also worked together on movie “Dream House”. Rachel married Craig on June 22, 2011, in a private New York City ceremony with just 4 guests including Craig’s daughter, Ella and Weisz’s son, Henry.
Race / Ethnicity
- Piercing Blue Eyes
- Athletic Body
OMEGA watches (2010)
Best Known For
Having played British secret agent James Bond in several movies since 2006
1992 dramatic film, The Power of One, which is based on the 1989 novel of the same name.
First TV Show
UK TV mini-series Anglo Saxon Attitudes, which is based on the novel of the same name. He appeared in 1992 in the first 3 episodes in the first season for his role as Gilbert Stokesay.
Daniel Craig always set ups a plan for exercises and the list is for weekends too. He took the help of trainer Simon Waterson. See his complete workout routine and diet plan for Skyfall.
Daniel Craig Favorite Things
- Favorite Drink – Beer
- Favorite Band – An Evening With
- Favorite Previous Bond Actor – Sean Connery
- Favorite Bond Film – From Russia with Love
Source – Mid-Day, Wikipedia
Daniel Craig Facts
- He started acting when he was six through school plays.
- Daniel supports Liverpool F.C.
- He paid £4 million for an apartment in Primrose Hill near Regent’s Park, London in October 2008.
- On 6 October 2012, he hosted the American late-night live television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live.
- In 2006, he started playing the James Bond character in the movies.
- He was contracted by Eon Productions to play Bond in the Hollywood films in 2005.
- Craig became the seventh actor to play in the James Bond franchise after replacing Pierce Brosnan.
- As Bond, he has also made a guest appearance in the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, alongside Queen Elizabeth II.
- Casino Royale (2006), Quantum of Solace (2008) and Skyfall (2012) is Craig first, second and third film as James Bond.
- His voice and likeness have been featured in several video games as well. E.g. GoldenEye 007 (2010), 007 Quantum of Solace (2008), 007 Legends (2012), etc.
- In 2011, he revealed that he will never join social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter as they make people disconnected and keeps the people far away from spending time together in person.