|Daniel Craig Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1968|
Daniel Craig is an English actor, theatre artist, producer, and voice actor who has gained global acclaim for playing James Bond in the eponymous film series, beginning with Casino Royale (2006). He has also gained popularity with his roles like Detective Benoit Blanc in the mystery film Knives Out, Geordie Peacock in the television drama serial Our Friends in the North, Sergeant Telford Winter in the war film The Trench, Joe in the psychological thriller film Enduring Love, Mikael Blomkvist in the neo-noir psychological thriller film The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Steve in the historical action thriller film Munich, Perry Smith in the drama film Infamous, Lt. Berry in the historical television war drama Sharpe’s Eagle, John Ballard in the biographical period drama film Elizabeth, Ted Hughes in the biographical drama film Sylvia, and Ray in the drama film Some Voices. Moreover, his theatre credits include playing Joey in A Steady Rain, Robert in Betrayal, Iago in Othello, and Joe Pitt in Angels in America.
Daniel Wroughton Craig
Chester, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
Daniel attended primary school in Frodsham, and later Holy Trinity Primary School in Hoylake. He somehow failed in eleven plus and so he went attended Hilbre High School in nearby West Kirby. At 16, he completed his secondary education. Post which, he joined Calday Grange Grammar School briefly as a sixth-form student. He is an alumnus of the National Youth Theatre and graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Producer, Voice Actor
- Father – Timothy John Wroughton Craig (Was the landlord of the pubs “Ring o’ Bells” (in Frodsham) and the “Boot Inn” (Willington, Tarporley), and also served as a midshipman in the Merchant Navy)
- Mother – Carol Olivia (Was an Art Teacher)
- Siblings – Lea Craig (Older Sister), Harry Craig (Half Brother)
- Others – William John Gartland Craig (Paternal Grandfather), Rosalind/Rosalinde Maud Jones (Paternal Grandmother), Olwyn Williams (Maternal Grandfather), Doris (Maternal Grandmother)
Daniel Craig has been repped by –
- Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
His net worth had been $160 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Craig has dated –
- Fiona Loudon (1991-1994) – Daniel married actor Fiona Loudon in 1992. The couple had a daughter, Ella. But, this relationship ended with a divorce in 1994.
- Heike Makatsch (1996-2004) – After the divorce, Craig was in a dating relationship with German actor Heike Makatsch. They went out for 7 years.
- Kate Moss (2004) – English supermodel dated briefly with Daniel from March 2004 until July 2004 which was confirmed by thefreelibrary.com.
- Satsuki Mitchell (2004-2010) – English film producer Satsuki first met on the sets of “The Jacket” and from there they started dating from the summer of 2004 (July 2004) and engaged in 2007. The duo broke up in the spring of 2010 (May 2010).
- Sienna Miller (2005) – English actor Miller first met Craig during the filming of the 2004 film “Layer Cake” and had a fling with each other.
- Rachel Weisz (December 2010-Present) – Though they had been friends for many years, but started dating in December 2010. They first met in 1992 in “Les Grandes Horizontales” and since then they know each other. They had also worked together on the movie “Dream House”. Rachel married Craig on June 22, 2011, in a private New York City ceremony with just 4 guests including Craig’s daughter Ella and Weisz’s son Henry.
Race / Ethnicity
Daniel Craig is of English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, and distant French/French Huguenot descent.
- Piercing Blue Eyes
- Athletic Body
OMEGA watches (2010)
In November 2022, Daniel appeared in a commercial for Belvedere.
Best Known For
Having played British secret agent James Bond in several movies since 2006
1992 dramatic film, The Power of One, which is based on the 1989 novel of the same name.
First TV Show
UK TV mini-series Anglo Saxon Attitudes, which is based on the novel of the same name. He appeared in 1992 in the first 3 episodes of the first season for his role as Gilbert Stokesay.
Daniel Craig always setups a plan for exercises and the list is for weekends too. He took the help of trainer Simon Waterson. See his complete workout routine and diet plan for Skyfall.
Daniel Craig Favorite Things
- Favorite Drink – Beer
- Favorite Band – An Evening With
- Favorite Previous Bond Actor – Sean Connery
- Favorite Bond Film – From Russia with Love
Source – Mid-Day, Wikipedia
Daniel Craig Facts
- He started acting when he was six through school plays.
- Daniel supports Liverpool F.C.
- He paid £4 million for an apartment in Primrose Hill near Regent’s Park, London in October 2008.
- On 6 October 2012, he hosted the American late-night live television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live.
- In 2006, he started playing the James Bond character in the movies.
- He was contracted by Eon Productions to play Bond in Hollywood films in 2005.
- Craig became the seventh actor to play in the James Bond franchise after replacing Pierce Brosnan.
- As Bond, he has also made a guest appearance in the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, alongside Queen Elizabeth II.
- Casino Royale (2006), Quantum of Solace (2008) and Skyfall (2012) is Craig first, second and third film as James Bond.
- His voice and likeness have been featured in several video games as well. E.g. GoldenEye 007 (2010), 007 Quantum of Solace (2008), 007 Legends (2012), etc.
- In 2011, he revealed that he would never join social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter as they make people disconnected and keeps the people far away from spending time together in person.
- He was cast as Detective Benoit Blanc in the 2019 mystery film Knives Out and this role got him nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the “Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy” category.
- In 2021, he was reportedly paid $100 million upfront for the Knives Out sequels titled Knives Out 2 and Knives Out 3. With this, he became the highest-paid actor of 2021 in Hollywood.
- He was reportedly paid $25 million for the James Bond movie No Time To Die.
- In October 2021, Daniel received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2021, he revealed that he has been going to gay bars for a long time and prefers going there to avoid fights with aggressive straight men as he generally gets into fights in normal bars.
- In January 2022, he received the Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG) from Queen Elizabeth II. Before him, this award was generally reserved for real-life diplomats or spies in the UK.
- In April 2022, it was revealed that Daniel had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- In January 2023, Daniel was featured on the cover of W Magazine’s first issue of 2023, “Volume 1, Best Performances”.
Craig achieved international fame when chosen as the seventh actor to play the role of James Bond, replacing Pierce Brosnan. Though he was initially greeted with scepticism, his debut in Casino Royale was highly acclaimed and earned him a BAFTA award nomination, with the film becoming the highest-grossing in the series at the time. Quantum of Solace followed two years later. His third Bond film, Skyfall, premiered in 2012 and is now the highest-grossing film in the series.
Daniel Craig Is the best Bond