|Sterling K. Brown Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1976|
|Spouse||Ryan Michelle Bathe|
Sterling K. Brown is a Golden Globe-winning actor well known for his roles in This Is Us, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, Person of Interest, Army Wives, Supernatural, Third Watch, Tarzan, Starved, The Suspect, Mojave, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Spaceman, Marshall, Black Panther, Hotel Artemis, and The Predator. He has a Masters in Fine Arts from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. Sterling has a huge fan following of over 1.5 million followers on Instagram and 600k followers on Twitter.
Sterling Kelby Brown
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sterling K. Brown studied at the Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School in Missouri. Later, in 1998, he graduated with an acting degree from Stanford University.
He then went on to obtain his Master in Fine Arts degree from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
- Father – Sterling Brown
- Mother – Aralean Banks Brown
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
Sterling K. Brown is managed by Innovative Artists N.Y.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sterling K. Brown has dated –
- Ryan Michelle Bathe (1998-Present) – In June 2007, Sterling married his college sweetheart and actress, Ryan Michelle Bathe. The couple’s romance date back to their university days in Stanford where the two met in 1998. They stayed in the same dorm and also starred in the same play. They started off as good friends as Ryan Michelle was seeing someone at that time. However, they soon became romantically involved and dated on-and-off during their term at the college.
Unfortunately, they had their differences and broke up for a while. After 3 and a half years of separation, Sterling decided to salvage their lost friendship and pursued Ryan Michelle. In 2004, they began a steady relationship and finally tied the knot in 2007. They are blessed with 2 sons – Andrew Jason Sterling Brown and Amaré Michael Ryan Christian Brown.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Keeps French beard
- Lines on his forehead
- Toned figure
Sterling K. Brown has endorsed brands like –
- Explore St. Louis
Best Known For
- His versatile roles in numerous TV series including Third Watch (2002–2004) as Officer Edward Dade, Tarzan (2003) as Detective Carey, Starved (2005) as Adam Williams, Supernatural (2006–2007) as Gordon Walker, Army Wives (2007–2013) as Roland Burton, Person of Interest (2012–2013) as Detective Cal Beecher, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story (2016) as Christopher Darden, and This Is Us as Randall Pearson.
- His appearances in films including Trust the Man (2005), Stay (2005), Righteous Kill (2008), Our Idiot Brother (2011), The Suspect (2013), Mojave (2015), Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016), Spaceman (2016), Marshall (2017), Black Panther (2018), Hotel Artemis (2018), and The Predator (2018).
In 2002, he made his theatrical film debut as a co-worker in the romantic comedy-drama film, Brown Sugar.
First TV Show
In 2002, he made his first TV show appearance as Officer Dade in the action crime drama series, Third Watch.
Sterling K. Brown tries to work out 5 days a week amidst his busy schedule. Instead of just working out in the gym, he also indulges in other activities like playing basketball, running, swimming, biking, and doing yoga. His goal remains to get a proper workout in an hour’s time. Apart from that, Sterling followed the P90X’s “Ab Ripper X” exercise program to obtain his toned abs.
As for his diet, he maintains a healthy eating habit and focuses on meals consisting of carbs and vegetables. He also eats items with lean protein and good fat like avocado, olive oil, and DHA and drinks plenty of water throughout the day. While on Sundays, he allows himself to indulge in a Sunday brunch.
Sterling K. Brown Favorite Things
- Steakhouses – Halls Chophouse and Oak Steakhouse
- Food – French Toast
- Pairing Drink – Pinot Noir wine
Source – Food & Wine
Sterling K. Brown Facts
- He was raised in Olivette, Missouri.
- Till the age of 15, he used Kelby as his first name as he found Sterling to be too long.
- He credits the TV series NYPD Blue (1993) as his source of inspiration to pursue acting.
- In 2018, he became the first black man to win the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Drama TV Series for This Is Us.
- Again, in 2018, he became the first African-American actor to win the Screen Actors Guild Award in the Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series category.
- The one food item he refrains from trying out is snail dish.
- He has been featured on the covers of various magazines like Variety and The Hollywood Reporter.
- His go-to-healthy snack is an apple with almond butter.
- He would have loved to share a drink with Muhammad Ali (Though, he probably did not drink as he was a devoted Muslim).
- Follow Sterling K. Brown on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sterling K. Brown / Instagram