|Kutt Calhoun Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1977|
Kutt Calhoun is an American rapper, songwriter, and business executive, best known for the success of his 3rd studio album, Raw and Un-Kutt, which debuted at #162 on the Billboard 200 chart in the 1st week after its release on June 2010. The album also charted at number 19 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. Kutt began his rapping career on the underground rap scene of Kansas City, Kansas, in the late 1990s, and was signed to Strange Music in 1999, the same time the label was founded. Only 5 years later, he released his debut studio album, B.L.E.V.E., which put his name “out there”, and gained him prominence. His 2nd studio album, Feature Presentation (2008) went a step further and managed to debut at #60 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
After the success of his 2010 studio album, Kutt also released 2 EPs, Red-Headed Stepchild (2011) and Kelvin (2012), the latter of which reached number 8 on Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. Only a year later, he released his 4th studio album, Black Gold, which topped the Billboard Heatseekers chart and was met with a positive response by the music critics. After he parted ways with Strange Music in 2014, he decided to give his new label the name Black Gold Entertainment and released an EP titled Kuttin Loose (2015) through the imprint. He also went on a tour he named On My Own Tour in honor of the independence in late 2015. After a 4-year break, he released his 5th studio album, Truth Be Told on May 7, 2019, under Black Gold Entertainment.
Melvin Lewis Calhoun Jr.
Bloody Kutty Cal, Bloody Kutty, Cutt Dawg, Kutt Calhoun
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Rapper, Songwriter, Business Executive
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
- Others – Ronald (Nephew) (Drummer), Rodney (Nephew) (Stand-Up Comedian)
Kutt Calhoun is represented by Black Gold Entertainment (Company) in Kansas City, Missouri, United States.
- Derrty Entertainment
- Strange Music (1999-2014)
- Black Gold Entertainment (2014-Present)
- Empire Distribution (2014-Present)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kutt Calhoun has dated –
- Angie Calhoun (2009-Present) – Kutt and Angie started dating in 2009. On March 8, 2017, they celebrated their 8-year anniversary, but the pair got married at a private ceremony on September 12, 2010.
Note – Kutt has many children from his current and previous relationships. He has a daughter named Paris Rain, who was born on September 6, 2001, and a son Prince Melvin III, who he also calls “Meek Meek”, born in 2014. Kutt also has a son named Malik “King/One Punch” Calhoun, who is an elite boxer and Kansas City Glove Champion. Besides Darius, who’s his 4th oldest son, and 1 other son, he also has 2 other daughters.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
He keeps his head shaven, but his natural hair color is ‘Black’.
- Tattoos all over his body
- Towering height
Best Known For
- Releasing 5 studio albums, B.L.E.V.E. (2004), Feature Presentation (2008), Raw and Un-Kutt (2010), Black Gold (2013), and Truth Be Told (2019)
- His social media fanbase with more than 300k followers on Facebook and more than 100k followers on Twitter and Instagram
Kutt Calhoun released his debut studio album, titled B.L.E.V.E. on August 10, 2004, through Strange Music record label. The album’s name is an abbreviation for “Boiling Liquid Expanding Viscous Explosion.” It received mixed reviews but was greeted positively by the music’s critics. It consisted of 16 tracks in total, a solo one titled Bring the Flame, as well as Keep It Keeblur and N a Whitemanzeyez, both featuring Tech N9ne & Krizz Kaliko, and In My Face and To Whom It May Concern, both featuring BG Bulletwound, Skatterman & Snug Brim. Tracks Panic Box featuring Boy Big, Real S*x, and Goldberg, both featuring Tech N9ne were also on the album. The rest of tracks were a duet with Krizz Kaliko, titled Hip Hop Warming, Parlaa, Nationality (Parlaa Remix), Walk with a Limp, Got Plans, The Know How, My Life, and Dat N*gga Dare.
Kutt is a regular gym-goer, and so is his dad and his son, Malik, who is also a boxer. He has been known to train alongside his son in the gym, and have him help out if he’s trying to hit a new ‘personal record’ in a certain exercise. Even though he hasn’t shared an exact workout routine, he emphasizes working on his chest, triceps, and biceps for the most part. His favorite exercises are dips with an additional weight around his waist and machine chest press. In Late January 2018, he also tried out an MMA fighter training alongside an MMA Gold Medalist, J. Baker, at the Glory MMA & Fitness gym in Kansas City, Missouri, United States.
Kutt Calhoun Facts
- He 1st realized he was skilled in composing rhymes during the YMCA before-and-after school care program in the summer before the 9th grade. However, family problems disrupted his ambitions and forced him to the streets.
- He started out as a ‘hype man’ for the fellow rapper Tech N9ne and helped him co-found Strange Music record label in 1999.
- In an interview conducted in April 2015, 1 year after he split from Strange Music, he stated that he and Tech N9ne split amicably. Kutt actually had to send him an e-mail because Tech N9ne was on the road and extremely busy. The reason for the split was that Kutt didn’t earn enough of a share from album sales, shows, and merchandise, and didn’t agree with some of the label’s decisions. However, Kutt didn’t leave on bad terms, and the decision was business-motivated, so he had nothing against future collaborations with anyone from the label.
- He allegedly sold his Strange Music chain, worth around $25k, via eBay before he split from the label.
- Kutt is very religious and believes in God’s plan. He stated: “He’ll fight your battles for you every time if you trust in Him.”
- Whenever he needs to blow off some steam and get stress relief, he goes to a shooting range in the desert and uses his rights given by the 2nd Amendment of the United States Consitution.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Discogs, Spotify, Apple Music, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Kutt Calhoun / Flickr / CC BY-2.0