Faheem Rashad Najm
T-Pain, Teddy Penderazdoun, Teddy Verseti, Teddy Pain, Nappy Pain
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
T-Pain attended the James S. Rickards High School in his hometown of Tallahassee to complete his high school education.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Shasheem Najm (He was a singer by profession)
- Mother – Aliyah Najm
- Siblings – His older brother is also a rapper.
T-Pain is represented by
- Chase Entertainment, LLC
- Cinematic Music Group
- Paradigm Talent Agency
Hip hop, R&B
Vocals, drums, keyboards
Nappy Boy, Konvict, RCA, Jive Records
5 ft 8 in or 172.5 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
T-Pain has dated –
- Amber Fajm (2001-Present) – T-Pain first met Amber Fajm in 2001 and the couple has claimed in interviews that it was love at first sight for both of them. They got married in 2003. However, some sources claim the year of their nuptials to be 2005. In the course of their marriage, Amber has given birth to three children – Muziq (son), Lyriq (daughter), and Kaydnz Kodah (a son, born in May 2009). In his interview with Spin, T-Pain has admitted to being unfaithful to his wife. Furthermore, he has revealed that while on a trip to Costa Rica, his wife also discovered her interest in women. In the same interview, he claimed that he has promised his wife that he wouldn’t be spending time with any woman in her absence as it would be cheating. This statement is open to obvious interpretations.
- Kat Stacks (2009) – The American socialite Kat Stacks has claimed in her 2010 interview with Hot 107.9 Atlanta that T-Pain was the first rapper she ever slept with.
- Kesha (2011) – In the summer of 2011, T-Pain reportedly hooked up with singer Kesha. They were first pictured partying in Las Vegas in May 2011. They documented their affection for each other on their respective social media accounts as well.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
- Trimmed beard
- Loves wearing sunglasses
- Unique auto-tuning style
T-Pain has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Firefly Music Festival
He was raised in an Islamic household but has expressed his contempt towards the concept of organized religion.
Best Known For
- The popularity of his second studio album, Epiphany, which made its debut at the top spot on the US Billboard 200 charts.
- Having released a host of popular and commercially successful singles such as I’m Sprung, I’m N Luv (Wit a Stripper), Buy U a Drank, and Bartender.
- Collaborating with popular artists such as Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Kanye West, and Akon.
In 2005, he released his debut studio album, Rappa Ternt Sanga. The album managed to sell more than 500,000 copies in the US and was certified ‘Gold’ as well. The title of the album was the dialectal pronunciation of ‘rapper turned singer.’
In 2010, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Lottery Ticket as Junior.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in 2006 on the music talk show, Soul Train.
His workout routine and diet plans are unknown.
T-Pain Favorite Things
- Musical Influences – Cee Lo, Roger Troutman, Teddy Riley
- Collaborator – Omarion
- Color – Red (previously) but he is moving towards the blue shades.
- Hip Hop Album – Genesis by Busta Rhymes
- Tallahassee Restaurant – Lindy’s Chicken
- His stage name T-Pain is a short form of Tallahassee Pain, which he claims signifies the hardships he has suffered while growing up in his hometown.
- He got his first taste of music at the age of 3 after artist and music producer, Ben Tankard, who was a family friend, allowed him to spend some time in his music studio.
- By the age of 10, he had converted his bedroom into a music studio. He had a keyboard, a four-track recorder, and a beat machine to work with.
- He started his journey as a professional performer in 2004 after he became a member of the rap group Nappy Headz.
- In September 2009, he collaborated with the iPhone app creator Smule to launch his new app I Am T-Pain, which allowed users to use his style of auto-tuning for karaoke.
- In March 2009, he got injured in a golf cart incident. The accident left him short of four teeth which required emergency dental work. He also had a couple of bruises and cuts.
- In April 2013, he decided to cut off his iconic dreadlocks and revealed that he wanted to re-invent himself.
- He is very much into gaming and often streams videos of him playing games on Twitch.tv.
- While growing up, he was often bullied for being fat and chubby. Also, the fact that he had to wear the same clothes for weeks made him an easy target for bullies.
- After his auto-tune cover of Akon’s Locked Up went viral, Akon himself decided to give him a call. T-Pain initially decided to hang up on him as he felt someone was playing a prank on him.
- T-Pain received a call from Akon on the day he was going to McDonald’s to get a job. Akon soon signed him up with his record label, Konvict Muzik.
- In order to sign a contract with Konvict Muzik, he turned down a record deal from Interscope, which guaranteed him a signing bonus of $900,000.
- In April 2017, he was scheduled to headline the Annual Spring Fling concert at the Tuff University. However, he decided to pull out, citing personal obligations. It was later revealed that his son’s birthday was the real cause of the cancellation.
- He was involved in an argument with the concert officials after they asked him to cut short his performance at Radio One’s Spring Fest Concert in April 2007. They eventually had to call the police, who chased him out of the premises and eventually detained him.
- In June 2007, the Tallahassee police issued an arrest warrant on his name over a suspended driver’s license.
- In November 2007, he turned himself in at the Leon County Jail. Although he was held without bail, he was released about three hours later.
- He has had a strained relationship with his father, who he alleges asked him for $250,000 and promised that if T-Pain gave him the money, he would stay out of his life forever.
- Visit his official website @ tpain.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Myspace.
Featured Image by Toglenn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0