|Joyner Lucas Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Joyner Lucas is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter, most notably known for the popularity of his single Ross Capicchoni back in 2015. Furthermore, in 2016 and 2017, his popularity rose significantly after Joyner got signed to a major recording label Atlantic Records and released his 4th mixtape. After being uploaded to YouTube on November 28, 2017, the single I’m Not Racist went viral and has been met with a lot of praise and critical acclaim. It went as far as to be nominated for the Grammy Award in the category of “Best Music Video” on February 10, 2019, on the 61st Annual Grammy Awards ceremony.
Gary Maurice Lucas, Jr.
G-storm, Joyner, Future Joyner
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Joyner Lucas went to South High Community School.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Producer
- Siblings – He has 2 siblings.
- Others – Cyrus tha Great (Uncle) (Rapper)
Joyner Lucas is represented by William Morris Agency, a famous talent agency.
His general managers are Dhruv Joshi & Sha Money XL.
Conscious hip-hop, Lyrical rap
The first 3 mixtapes were released under a Dead Silence label.
His 4th mixtape was released under the Atlantic Records label, and they signed Lucas on September 21, 2016.
In 2018, he broke off the relationship with Atlantic Records and became an independent artist.
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joyner has dated –
- Angela Yee (2015) – Angela, a radio personality, has dated him in 2015 which was evident from his social media posts. They broke up at some point, but away from the public eye.
- Joyner isn’t married and never has been, but has a son that he features in his songs. The son’s name isn’t announced to the public, nor is the mother’s identity.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He has African-American ancestry on his father’s side and European ancestry on his mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He has dyed his hair blonde in the past.
- Muscular physique
- Bandana or snapback hat
Best Known For
- The single Ross Cappicchoni on the Along Came Joyner mixtape that was released on April 5, 2015
- I’m Not Racist single that was uploaded to YouTube in 2017 and quickly went viral
- His lyrics that encompass relations between races, violence, society, and personal issues
He was featured in the mixtape Workprint: The Greatest Mixtape of All in 2007 a collaborative project with his uncle, Cyrus tha Great. It was released under a group named Film Skool Rejekts.
His first solo mixtape was Listen 2 Me, released in 2011 under the record label Dead Silences.
Joyner Lucas Favorite Things
- Musicians – Eminem, Kanye West, Taylor Swift, 50 Cent, Chris Brown
Source – Facebook
Joyner Lucas Facts
- His aunt used to pay him $1 to perform Busta Rhymes‘ song Woo Hah in their living room in front of her friends.
- He was expelled from the South High Community School in 2007.
- Even though he has often shown pictures of his parents and his son, he likes to keep his personal life private and hasn’t announced their names.
- He was featured in the “BET Hip-Hop Awards Cypher” in 2015 due to the success of Ross Capicchioni song that came out the same year.
- His mother remarried after the divorce from Joyner’s father. He was brought up by his step-father who had a significant role in the early years of his life.
- Joyner had vocal problems due to laryngitis and hoarseness of his voice in the past. On July 31, 2018, that forced him to cancel some shows in Europe and Australia that were a part of his I’m kinda a Big Deal tour.
- He announced a project collaboration with Chris Brown on February 25, 2018, that was titled Angels & Demons. Songs like I Don’t Die, and then Just Let Go were released in 2018 and early 2019, respectively.
- His stage name changed throughout his career. The 1st mixtape he made was under the name “G-Storm,” after which it was changed to “Future Joyner.” Finally, he settled on “Joyner Lucas” at some point after 2017.
- Lucas began rapping at the age of 10.
- His early musical influences were The Notorious B.I.G, Nas, Method Man, and Eminem.
- Joyner has also collaborated with Eminem on the Lucky You song from the Eminem’s album Kamikaze that came out on November 30, 2018.
- He made his studio album debut in an album named ADHD in 2019. The first song that represented the album was named I Love released on October 17, 2018.
- His specialty is “lyrics pertaining to different issues in today’s society.” He dedicated a single named Frozen that came out on April 1, 2018, to the awareness of dangers that come with reckless driving.
- Visit his official website @ www.joynerlucas.com.
Featured Image by Joyner Lucas / Instagram