|Ryan Hurst Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1976|
Ryan Hurst is an American actor, voiceover artist, and theatre actor who is known for his on-screen roles like Beta in The Walking Dead, Harry “Opie” Winston in Sons of Anarchy, Gerry Bertier in Remember the Titans, Milligan in The Mysterious Benedict Society, Chick Hogan in Bates Motel, Sgt. Ernie Savage in We Were Soldiers, Paratrooper Mandelsohn in Saving Private Ryan, Adult Tom Clarke in Taken, Li’l “Foster” Farrell in Outsiders, and Hector Bonner in Bosch.
Ryan Douglas Hurst
Gobind Seva Singh (His Sikh name)
Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
He studied at Santa Monica High School located in Santa Monica, California.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Actor
- Father – Rick Hurst (Actor)
- Mother – Candace Kaniecki (Acting Coach)
- Siblings – He is an only child.
- Others – Robert Paul Hurst (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Corinne McElree (Paternal Grandmother), Felix Anthony Kaniecki (Maternal Grandfather), Irene Colette Wisniewski (Maternal Grandmother), Collin Hurst (Paternal Half-Brother)
He is represented by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Hurst has dated –
- Molly Cookson (1994-Present) – He met Molly Cookson in the year 1994 and after going out for several years, the duo got married in May 2005. They have also founded the production company named Fast Shoes.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and Scottish descent on his father’s side and has Polish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Has often played brutish, oversized football players or soldiers
- Sports a beard
Ryan Hurst Facts
- He made his theatrical film debut as Eddie March in the 1997 post-apocalyptic action-adventure film, The Postman.
- From 2008 to 2012, he was cast in the action crime drama television series, Sons of Anarchy, as Opie Winston who is a member of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, the son of SAMCRO co-founder Piney, a member of SAMCRO, and best friend of Jax since childhood.
- Initially, Ryan Hurst’s role in Sons of Anarchy was supposed to be a recurring one but he soon got included in the lead cast as his character became a fan favorite.
- He won the 2011 Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film” for Sons of Anarchy.
- As a voiceover artist, he made his theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Jedidiah, Balthazar’s son and Ezekiel’s brother, in the 2011 computer-animated Western comedy film, Rango, which won the Academy Award for “Best Animated Film”.
- Ryan Hurst was cast in the Canon Theatre production of The Last Night of Ballyhoo and his performance won him an award for best performance for comedy from Back Stage West.
- He purchased a 3,400 square-foot home in Woodland Hills, California for $1.71 million in April 2013.
- He has appeared as the lion in The Wizard of Oz at Barnum Hall.
Featured Image by Sven Mandel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0