|Chad Gilbert Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1981|
Chad Gilbert is an American musician and record producer who is best known as a founding member of the rock band New Found Glory. Formed in 1997, the band has released multiple albums like New Found Glory, Nothing Gold Can Stay, Not Without a Fight, Sticks and Stones, Radiosurgery, Coming Home, Forever + Ever x Infinity, Resurrection, Makes Me Sick, and Catalyst. Moreover, Chad also served as the lead vocalist for the band’s now-defunct side-project International Superheroes of Hardcore. Also, he served as the vocalist for the hardcore punk band Shai Hulud between 1995 and 1998 and from 2012 to 2013. With Shai Hulud, Gilbert worked on projects such as Profound Hatred of Man, Hearts Once Nourished with Hope and Compassion, and Reach Beyond the Sun.
Chad Everett Gilbert
Coral Springs, Broward County, Florida, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Chad Gilbert studied at J. P. Taravella High School in Coral Springs, Florida but he left school after the 11th grade.
Musician, Record Producer
Pop Punk, Alternative Rock, Melodic Hardcore, Hardcore Punk, Metalcore
Epitaph Records, Bridge 9 Records, Geffen Records, Drive-Thru Records, Eulogy Recordings, Fiddler Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $4 Million.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chad Gilbert has dated –
- Sherri DuPree (2006-2007) – In February 2006, he started going out with musician, singer, songwriter, and guitarist Sherri DuPree (one of the primary vocalists and songwriters for the band Eisley). They got married in February 2007 and soon divorced the same year due to infidelity on Gilbert’s part.
- Hayley Williams (2007-2017) – Chad began dating singer, songwriter, musician, and businessperson Hayley Williams (the lead vocalist, primary songwriter, and keyboardist of the rock band Paramore) in 2007. They got engaged on Christmas Day 2014 and married on February 20, 2016. However, their marriage did not last long and they formally announced on July 1, 2017, that they had separated. Their pending divorce was eventually finalized by the end of 2017. Reportedly, this marriage also ended due to infidelity on Gilbert’s part.
- Lisa Cimorelli (2018-Present) – Chad Gilbert started a romantic relationship with Lisa Cimorelli (member of the all-sisters singing group Cimorelli) on March 28, 2018, and they married on October 3, 2020. On July 17, 2021, the couple was blessed with a daughter named Lily Gilbert.
Race / Ethnicity
Usually plays Gibson guitars
Chad Gilbert Favorite Things
- Nirvana Album – Nevermind (1991)
- Nirvana Song – Drain You from the album Nevermind
- Song From the Album Appetite for Destruction By Guns N’ Roses – Mr Brownstone
- One Of His Favorite Movies – La Bamba (1987)
Source – MusicRadar
Chad Gilbert Facts
- He left school after New Found Glory got signed to California-based record label Drive-Thru Records.
- With New Found Glory, Chad Gilbert released the band’s debut studio album titled Nothing Gold Can Stay on May 1, 1999.
- He reported on January 26, 2010, that “suspicious cells” had been found in his thyroid and he subsequently underwent successful surgery to remove half of his thyroid.
- On June 19, 2020, New Found Glory‘s 10th studio album Forever + Ever x Infinity was released and it peaked at #4 on the US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart and at #17 on the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart.
- After Chad Gilbert was found unresponsive in his bed at home, he underwent emergency surgery at the ICU in December 2021 to remove a rare cancerous tumor called Pheochromocytoma.
Featured Image by Vivian Nguyen / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0